Texas SOT

Please help before I set fire to my mower!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Cub Cadet RZT 42"
    Kohler Courage engine
    Stuck oil drain plug

Here it is:
    IMG_1042.jpg

I can't seem to unscrew the plug from the threaded adapter at the end of the hose. I've been using a wrench and a pair of pliers, but I can't seem to get enough torque, seeing as the assembly is on the end of a rubber hose. Any ideas? Tips, tricks?

Otherwise I'm thinking of dousing the whole thing in diesel and watching it burn...
    Hurley's Gold

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Just need longer tools. If you don't have correct size end wrenches.....use 2-12" crescent wrenches. Probably not an issue but remember....lefty loosey....LOL

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    When trying to initially break it-try holding the wrenches so they're offset...but very close to each other. This will allow you to have both hands holding the two wrenches and allow you to squeeze on each wrench and apply double the pressure. A box end on the line end, and an open wrench on the bolt should work just fine.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    When you DO get it apart, put a li'l Teflon tape on the threads before puttin' it back together. If you can't get it apart by this evenin', drop me a not an' ah'll bring some large wrenches over.

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    Alright try this as well. Turn it the other way a bit. No I am not being a smart ass, sometimes tightening it slightly will break it free.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    Update: Finally got that piece of crap apart and finished changing the oil. Took Mic's advice and sprayed the plug with WD-40, took LJH's advice and screwed it IN a titch, took Shotgun Jeremy's advice and squeezed two wrenches together to finally get it undone. TR, thanks for the offer, and the advice on the teflon tape. Thanks to y'all, I didn't have to set the bastard on fire! :D

Top Bottom