• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, so went out yesterday to put a couple rounds through my wife's Rugar Ranch 16" 556. Spun my omega off my 6.5 and spun it on the Ranch via ASR mount. I locked the cam down and reverse twisted it to verified it was on tight. Loaded some 223rem 75g bthp. My first shot scared the hell outta me. My can flew off about 30ft in front of me. I'm totally dumbfounded.... I don't know what happened. I'm 99.9% sure it was locked down. It felt solid when I checked it after locking the cam. I don't know what to do. I wanna try it again.... but I really don't. Has anyone had this happen? It seems impossible in my mind. The can is ok. No baffle strike.

Please any insight on this would be appreciated.
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    a001aa14af6c625c5be77077f7f0a100.jpg

Attachments

• a001aa14af6c625c5be77077f7f0a100.jpg
      a001aa14af6c625c5be77077f7f0a100.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 787

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ok, so went out yesterday to put a couple rounds through my wife's Rugar Ranch 16" 556. Spun my omega off my 6.5 and spun it on the Ranch via ASR mount. I locked the cam down and reverse twisted it to verified it was on tight. Loaded some 223rem 75g bthp. My first shot scared the hell outta me. My can flew off about 30ft in front of me. I'm totally dumbfounded.... I don't know what happened. I'm 99.9% sure it was locked down. It felt solid when I checked it after locking the cam. I don't know what to do. I wanna try it again.... but I really don't. Has anyone had this happen? It seems impossible in my mind. The can is ok. No baffle strike.

Please any insight on this would be appreciated.

Jesus man. You sound like a woman hahaha. Just go try it again and lock it completely

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Threads aint without problems too. I have had them loosen up & get stuck on.
    Indeed. With say muzzle breaks, a great example is on an akm that has a lot of slop. Just a touch of anti seize. When the carbon builds it’s just enough to aid in removing it without getting crazy.

For a threaded suppressor, almost all my shooting being done with 1/2x28, just bring a work glove in your kit. Like a leather work glove for gardening. Once it seems like it gets tight after a day of shooting just put the glove on and use the balls god gave you. Lol as my old boss would say.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That Q.D. 5.56 can stays on my LMT piston upper. The lower has a Gissele Super Semi Auto trigger. I have shot a few pigs with the PVS-14 mounted behind the Aimpoint. It's the one of the best upper to suppress that I have, in my mind. My .300 Whisper is a SSK Industries built upper. It has a threaded barrel for it's can. That's the same can I shoot on my O3A3 SBR.
    IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3473.jpg
      IMG_3473.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 520
    • IMG_3750.jpg
      IMG_3750.jpg
      967.2 KB · Views: 413
    Top Bottom