• Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    30mm_zps3f1195ec.gif

30mm red dot only. I wouldn't recommend buying this model because it's pretty basic. You can't even put a killflash on it. There's another model similar in style and same size that has a little more going for it. I bought this one on sale last summer.

30mm6xmag_zps93a65e82.gif

6x magnifier. LOVE it. Granted, I haven't ever had a 3x to compare it to, but I've had no issues with the glass. The mount is one i bought at a gun show and I don't like. It's a flip over and it has juuuuussst enough play that when you close it, the red dot won't always be centered in the glass. Of course, the red dot is still accurate, but it can be annoying at times. All it takes is a quick tweak to get it back on track after you close it. PA does sell mounts with the red dot that won't do this. I just really liked the idea of a flip over, so I bought it.

rifleworkbench_zpsfd1a3011.gif

PA MicroDot This thing is becoming kind of a legend in the affordable RDS world. I haven't seen anyone try to test it and see what kind of beating it can take while still being accurate (in fact, PA recommended on another forum that if you're looking for a real world, constantly taking a beating RDS, you go for the Aimpoint), but it looks great and has a real solid feel to it. Killflash is available for the Microdot.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Called PA today. Most of the guys are at Shot Show, but someone very friendly and knowledgable (forgot your name, sorry bud) steered me towards the MD-06L bundle with PA Riser. It was $114 after tax and shipping.

Thanks, Jeremy, for the head start.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    They ARE made in china, which reduces the cost. However, the quality control is much tighter on them, and there's a lot more involvement from the PA guys in the design and manufacturing. That's why they aren't as cheap as your typical airsoft sight. Aimpoint must not mind too much because there hasn't been any complaining from them, and we're on what...version 8 now? If you don't like people having an option for your avg joe, then don't buy it. PA must be doing something right because they have nothing but great reviews by online gun websites, as well as youtube videos all over the internet. PA themselves have stated this is not to be used as a duty RDS, and if you plan on using it to keep you alive, then buy an actual Aimpoint.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have a PA micro on a 22LR Marlin M60.
    Its a decent sight. Of course it isn't anywhere near a T-1 Aimpoint.
    For general use they're good to go.
    For the Kicking In Door real deal Tier 1 types not so much.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Finding the door? So you're saying my post isn't factual?

No. I'm saying the point of this thread, as indicated in the title and first post, was quite clear. I was shopping for a RDS within the Primary Arms brand catalog offerings. Your one line zinger was neither constructive nor on-topic. You're certainly free to have that opinion of PA; just go have it somewhere it's been asked for.

Top Bottom