• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Senator John Cornyn is negotiating with the democrats on gun control right now. I sent him a message through his website Cornyn's Contact Page urging him not to cave to the democrats on gun control. The democrats create a crisis with woke ideas and soft on crime policies and then move in on our guns making us vulnerable to the very criminals that they refuse to prosecute. Please take a moment to let him know that he will lose your vote if he caves.
    Just sent another one.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Emails and phone calls are ok. If you want to make a really stronger statement, send a real letter via USPS. Aides rank contacts in a hierarchy from possible voters. Emails are at the bottom of the list especially the bulk ones sent by Gun Owners of America and NRA sites. While not ignored totally, they are just noted and discarded. Phone calls where a message is left is next and phone calls where actual contact made with aide is higher on value.
    A letter indicates that this potential voter is motivated and most likely will vote and or give money to a candidate who best represents their position. The US Mail letters get highest attention and depending on the particular legislator, may get passed to office manager and or legislative co-coordinator. SO I highly recommend a hand written letter which are the most serious of communications in their rankings. It is definitely worth the cost of a stamp.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Will this one work?
    7F51012E-0EF8-4056-A291-67B516CA8BAC.jpeg

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Yes it is still VERY true. I am a member of an organization that does a lot of membership lobbying in Congress for our members who are quasi federal employees (US Postal Service). We get a lot of training about how to lobby Congress to support our needs and legislation that affects us. This is one of the most important methods that still is weighted by the legislative aides. A handwritten letter is viewed by them as not just a letter, but the fact that someone takes the time to handwrite a letter and express their views means the correspondent is a very committed and therefore a person who within their community will most likely be an active vice to get out the vote and campaign in a certain way.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Emails and phone calls are ok. If you want to make a really stronger statement, send a real letter via USPS. Aides rank contacts in a hierarchy from possible voters. Emails are at the bottom of the list especially the bulk ones sent by Gun Owners of America and NRA sites. While not ignored totally, they are just noted and discarded. Phone calls where a message is left is next and phone calls where actual contact made with aide is higher on value.
    A letter indicates that this potential voter is motivated and most likely will vote and or give money to a candidate who best represents their position. The US Mail letters get highest attention and depending on the particular legislator, may get passed to office manager and or legislative co-coordinator. SO I highly recommend a hand written letter which are the most serious of communications in their rankings. It is definitely worth the cost of a stamp.
    Based on what source? Cornyn only pays attention to the ones with payoffs attached.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I’ve sent several messages, all were composed on the fly, so different, but all had the two same sentences somewhere in the note:

“…what part of shall not be infringed is confusing to you?”

And

“I am a one-issue voter…I vote for whomever has the courage to support and defend our Constitution!”

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Senator John Cornyn is negotiating with the democrats on gun control right now. I sent him a message through his website Cornyn's Contact Page urging him not to cave to the democrats on gun control. The democrats create a crisis with woke ideas and soft on crime policies and then move in on our guns making us vulnerable to the very criminals that they refuse to prosecute. Please take a moment to let him know that he will lose your vote if he caves.
    Asking him to not cave is like asking a lot lizard to stop giving handjobs.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

Just sent my response.

Top Bottom