• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    On a drive by it sure looked good, just a wagon and a tent to eat your Q under. So being hungry we decided to stop for lunch.

I ordered up the 2 meat plate: Brisket, Sausage, Potato salad and beans. Wife got same with Ribs instead of Sausage and cole slaw and potato salad.

Brisket: Good smoke ring, but almost not bark telling me it was cooked at to low of a temp and maybe way to long as it was so dry I could barely get the few bites I had down, wife fully agreed. The dogs on the other hand, LOVED IT! Brisket by the Lb is $15!!

Ribs: Must have been on the end of the smoker that did not get any smoke, no bark, meat was adequate , but you only got 2 ribs for the $15 buck plate.

Sausage: Store bought, heated, not smoked, ok taste if warmed over store bought sausage is your choice.

Q Sauce: Watery, sweet and not sure what it was sweetened with but tasted more like phony-fake sugar substitute. Had almost a metallic taste to it, added nothing to the dry brisket other than wet and dry tasteless + watery sweetish did not mix well.

Potato Salad: Just not sure what was there other than some potatoes and goopy sauce. Not enough flavor to tell and it looked as plain as it tasted.

Pinto Beans: Watery, thin, needed salt, pepper, spices, something to give them some kind of flavor.

White Bread: Single slice per plate, highlight of the meal, its was fresh, soft, prob bought at the store that day.

Not worth the price of admission $27 for 2 plates (no drinks), dogs did like the brisket , rest was thrown away, sausage should have come with some Rolaids.

Pass by next time you go thru Hico and stop off at the Koffee Kup instead. Old time comfort food eatery, huge plates of food, can't eat it all. In fact 1 plate would serve 2 people.

Top Bottom