• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Backstory, i Geocache alot with my kid. Sometimes, we visit these impromptu watering holes with fishing opportunities. So i would like to keep a pocket fisherman in my SUV. A normal rod/reel wont fit under my backseat and i dont like the idea of keeping a rod and reel in the back of my SUV. Since we geocache alot and go to the parks alot i have my dog back there at least once a week. Last thing i need is for her to chew stuff up back there.

Anyway, any recomendations? i dont need it to catch 50lbs bass. Just something thatll catch blue gill and perch and small stuff stuff at the river or creek or where ever. There is a Ronco Popiel pocket fisherman on amazon that has good reviews. was wondering about that.

Amazon.com: Ronco Pocket Fisherman: Sports & Outdoors
    DK Firearms

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Geocaching, LOL. I tried that here in Manila yesterday. There were a few listed near the hotel, but really small and hard to find. Since I did not bring my GPS I thought I would try to find them on the map and clues alone. No luck, but the locals did find it entertaining watching a foreigner fondle their brass pig in broad daylight.

Sorry no recommendations on the rod and real, but had to chime in about the other sport.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Geocaching, LOL. I tried that here in Manila yesterday. There were a few listed near the hotel, but really small and hard to find. Since I did not bring my GPS I thought I would try to find them on the map and clues alone. No luck, but the locals did find it entertaining watching a foreigner fondle their brass pig in broad daylight.

Sorry no recommendations on the rod and real, but had to chime in about the other sport.
    yea, i do it mostly for my kid. he likes it alot and we get to be outside and find cool things and cool places. also, its FREE!!!!

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    look for a good pack rod, one that breaks down into small sections. Not sure where I got them but I have a couple that would handle a 10 lb bass if you remember you do not have an ugly stick in your hands and fight them carefully.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    OMG..I loved the pocket fisherman. It was the shit fishing for crawdads.

As for fishing-fishing with one. It won't cast for crap.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I have an ultra light setup probably cost me 30 bucks. The rod breaks down and fit in a 3 foot rod holder and I keep the spinning reel in my glove box. I put braid on there. So if I NEED to I can muscle out a fish and it has the diameter of 4 pound test, so I got plenty of line on it.

Top Bottom