• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am curious as to why they had to go back as well. The one I shot had at least 250 rounds put throught it with no malfunctions.

Every gun maker puts out a lemon every once in a while, Ruger is no exception, Although I suspect that operator error might be part of the problem{ shooting a super hot reload etc}
    Hurley's Gold

rz1988

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I love the Kel Tec P3AT. It is tiny and reliable. I own 3 of them and have never had a problem. With the belt clip, pocket holster, or smart carry it is amazingly easy to carry. The LCP is new and apparently having some teething pains. I have heard many negative comments on the plastic Kahr's on the forum at usconcealedcarry.com

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know, that's real weird hearing about all the issues some people are having with the Ruger LCP. Maybe it's a quality control issue as opposed to faulty design and engineering.

Downrange TV did a test with multiple LCP's, and their results turned out very well, so it sounds to me like there probably isn't some fundamental problem in the design of the guns, but maybe just some QC stuff with a batch or 2 of them. Here's a video of some of the test they did: Link

Shiner Bock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    DFW
    I've not been hearing about endemic problems with LCP's and I wouldn't put much faith in what a gun counter guy told me about LCP's as he was trying to sell me a KelTec.:)

C & A s Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Actually the one older guy was trying to sell the kel tec and a much younger guy came over when he walked away and had good things to say about the LCP. The older guy never made any negative comments about the LCP, only that he could not get them. My guess is he was selling me on what he had in stock.

It sounds like there are fans for both the Kel Tec and the LCP. I have read about issues with both and people with both with no issues at all. I am going to talk to the guy who ordered the LCP for me again and see if he has any other info.His Wife carries a Kel Tec but he told me he really liked the LCP too. He actually is a customer of mine who is a gun nut and a dealer as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've not been hearing about endemic problems with LCP's and I wouldn't put much faith in what a gun counter guy told me about LCP's as he was trying to sell me a KelTec.:)

Yeah , I have seen that a lot. Store does not have what you want but has something similar, talks trash about what they dont have to sell off inventory he does have.

Not directed at you CA but at the poster whose local gun dealer told him they were junk.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    It's all about "opinions", and everybody has one. I have a Kel Tec P3AT and it's OK... The light weight compact pistol goes everywhere I go, barring 30.06.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    It's all about "opinions", and everybody has one. I have a Kel Tec P3AT and it's OK... The light weight compact pistol goes everywhere I go, barring 30.06.

In one of the 3-6 month old threads you just dug up you said:

"That is absolutely CORRECT, and PRECISELY why I won't give any 30.06 posted business, one red cent of money."

Why the change of heart. :p :D

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Have you considered a Rohrbaugh? It's out of the price range you posted, but it's worth considering...weight 12.8 oz, length 5.2 in; height 3.7 in AND is a 9mm!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Have you considered a Rohrbaugh? It's out of the price range you posted, but it's worth considering...weight 12.8 oz, length 5.2 in; height 3.7 in AND is a 9mm!

A friend of mine bought one. a jam- o- matic. He was a little irate as had paid over 1,000 for the gun. In the manufacturer's defense, they did make it right and now the gun works as advertised.

Like I said, everyone puts a lemon out there once in a while.

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    A friend of mine bought one. a jam- o- matic. He was a little irate as had paid over 1,000 for the gun. In the manufacturer's defense, they did make it right and now the gun works as advertised.

Like I said, everyone puts a lemon out there once in a while.

That's too bad- I've put a couple hundred rounds through one without one hitch - using several different brands of ammo. I'm glad your friend got it worked out. I haven't heard of them putting out too many lemons!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's too bad- I've put a couple hundred rounds through one without one hitch - using several different brands of ammo. I'm glad your friend got it worked out. I haven't heard of them putting out too many lemons!

So is he, and no, they do not put out a lot of lemons. The owner of the company personally called him every step of the way on his repair. That was I believe about 3 calls in a 10 day period. My friend was very happy with the customer service, not happy that he had to use it but turnaround was exceptional.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    In one of the 3-6 month old threads you just dug up you said:

"That is absolutely CORRECT, and PRECISELY why I won't give any 30.06 posted business, one red cent of money."

Why the change of heart. :p :D

Once in awhile the "wife" wins...

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Ankle holster are TV bullshit! It's the farthest away from your hand thats possible. I bought one eons ago when I was but a wee lad. It's about as uncomfortable & usless as holsters get. Anyone who sugests one either has them a bunch to sell, or never wore one.

I agree with Baboon. I tried an ankle holster with my FEG R61 .380.... it was very awkward and uncomfortable, but the greatest trouble was kneeling down, raise the pant leg (levis in my case), un-holstering it and getting ready too shoot. Too time consuming, if I were confronted in a life/death scenario without having cover to go though the above mentioned routine... I'd be dead.
    I rate this as inefficient as of having an unloaded gun with a trigger lock and key while some crack-head is in your house at night

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I'm going to throw in a comment. I dont' have one of these, nor have I ever fired one, but I hear good things about the Taurus 709 Slim. I myself, plan to purchase one at some point. It's in 9mm, has an 8 round capacity, and claims to only be slightly bigger than the 9mm Kel-tec (but with higher capacity). My $.02.

That's MORE than slightly bigger. I have a Kel Tec P3AT and it is borderline for pocket carry comfort. I seriuosly doubt that the Taurus 709 will be comfortable at all.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    I would get the Ruger LCP or a kel Tec P3AT in .380. The 9mm P11 kel tec is not comfortable to carry on the ankle. Believe me I know. I tried it. The P11 ended up in my bail out bag and the Kel Tec P3AT went on the ankle.

picketeer

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas
    I would vote for the Kel-Tec P-3AT or the Ruger LCP...............Matter of choice from this point on!
    CHLCheers.gif

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Those Kel-tecs are hard to beat for size and price. I am curious about their longevity and don't really know anyone that has shot one. How is accuracy as compared with the higher quality (by that I mean even a glock) short barrelled autos? I carry the Walther PPS 9mm and at 15yds I'm not as happy as I could be with the groups. Sometimes I can keep it within 3 inches, but that's pushing it.

sar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    I'm going to have to put in a vote for the seecamp. I have a 32 now and a 380 on its way. The weapon is flawless and the company is responsive. There's a forum where larry seecamp can answer questions regarding the gun directly. It disappears completely in my back pocket (or front pocket)

Top Bottom