• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tascofeldman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    texarkana,texas
    Not sure where to pose this question. Any ideas on a pocket pistol. My job requires tucked shirt, private sector contacts, occasional questionable neighborHOODs. Thinking easy access to back pocket, more room, easier to handle extra weight with comfort. Needs to be tolerant of sweat, pocket lint, snag free. I know this may be a tall order. What type of holster, if any.
    DK Firearms

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    1911A1 5" in a tuckable Silent Thunder holster from Tucker Gun Leather. Works fine with a suit for me. No one will notice even when you take your jacket off. Wear a black belt and the black clip will blend in. Stick an extra magazine in your left pocket or in the pocket of your jacket.

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    I second the SiG P238 with a pocket holster. It is a bit larger that the Ruger LCP but if you want to shoot it every now and then and have some fun that is it. If you want something light weight to carry for emergencies only hen the LCP. I have both and carry the P238 the most. The LCP is a pain to shoot.

TM

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Any of the above...I like the kel-tec .380 real well, but if I was going out to buy one, I'd look at the Sig and the Ruger for sure!

Another option is the Taurus 745 Pro...easy to carry and i like .45 acp...I have two of these, never had an issue...

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Kahr CW9, CW40, PM9, PM40 are all great choices in my opinion. Other than throwing these into the mix, I like the Sig and Kel-tec suggestions above as well.

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    I second the P238 as well (for flatness), but I find myself pocket carrying my S&W 642 most of the time with Uncle Mike or Nemesis pocket holster (a little bulky).

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I'll add another vote for the LCP. Bought mine last week and love it as much as I can love a mouse fart gun. It's so small the guy who broke into my truck yesterday didn't even find it.

tascofeldman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    texarkana,texas
    I like the way the sig p238 looks and feels, like a "real" gun. Have heard some negatives about it though, any thoughts? I like the LCP for price point, looks to be durable, easy to carry. Also looked @ diamondback 380, have read some neg's on it too.

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    Both of mine work just fine. One was a little sticky at first but I adjusted the extractor and have had no problems since. Love to shoot it and my wife likes her's.

TM

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I'll add another vote for the LCP. Bought mine last week and love it as much as I can love a mouse fart gun. It's so small the guy who broke into my truck yesterday didn't even find it.

Man dont leave your guns in your truck without a security system that has big teeth!
    At night, I take everything out of my truck if im not parking it inside. Never fails, I do that everytime. During the day, even just to go to lunch, I take the dog woth me. He rides shotgun, " because there is a shotgun beside him"..
    Up till about 2 years ago, I never really carried guns anround unless it was something for a current hunting season.. Now day's I have a 12gauge Riot gun, a 1911, and the ruger LCP. When I go somewhere during the day, cafe, grocery store, or where ever, the dog rides along. He's biggggg. 120 lbs of good ol boy. Cooter dont like people messin with daddy's stuff. As long as I leave the truck running with the A/C on, Cooter will be more than happy to look out for my stuff. If Coooter needs my help, im only seconds away because I can hear him getting upset due to modern day technology. If he makes his " get away from this truck" sounds, I can hear him and somebodies fixin to get the feet firts flying Redneck treatment!

Top Bottom