• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    That always makes me smile. Poor guy, I wonder what happened to him. . . . . .He did make the point that guns were dangerous a little better than he expected though.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Happens all the time, but almost never makes the news. One of my buddies sent me some pics from one who creased his palm with a bullet, but is sticking to the story that the big groove missing from his hand is from the front sight cutting him open. Police "instructors" are scary.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    happens all the time, but almost never makes the news. One of my buddies sent me some pics from one who creased his palm with a bullet, but is sticking to the story that the big groove missing from his hand is from the front sight cutting him open. Police "instructors" are scary.

yikes

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    "Keep the booger hook off the bang switch." OK, that made me laugh.

I look at stuff like this and think of it as a good reminder that getting complacent about anything that is potentially dangerous is bad. Doesn't matter if you are driving a car, working with electricity, dangerous reptiles, handling firearms, etc. Even for "experts", its when it becomes mundane and you drop your guard and become complacent that you get in trouble. If an "accident" could hurt or kill you or someone else, you have to keep the high level of respect there regardless of how mundane it may be.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I took my CHL renewal at a VFW hall. There is a large plexiglass window with a very large bullet hole taped over and a corresponding hole in the wall beyond that. The instructor (whom I know and respect highly) had an AD during a class. The slug whizzed past his wife's head and created the subject holes. The fact that they left it unrepaired made it a VERY effective teaching tool!

Similarly, a friend in Oklahoma was a reserve police officer who was messing with his 44 magnum revolver in bed (I didn't ask WHY). He showed me the hole in his ceiling! His wife was there when it went off and she became REAL unhappy REAL fast!

Flash

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    My grandfather passed away when I was about 10 years old.. he slept with a 38 spcl under his pillow cocked... After the funeral etc.. we went to his house to start packing things up. My mom leaned over and grabbed all the sheets on the bed and pulled them up towards her chest. The gun fired and went right through the bed, through the floor down into the basement. I was in the basement with my brother and the slug slammed into the floor about 10 feet from us. Scared the SH*T out of my mom and would of been a complete tragedy if the gun happened to be pointed in the other direction.

SO we learned from that experience!!! If you are going to leave loaded firearms around your house.... at least tell someone you trust where they are and the fact they are ready to shoot. Once you are gone the wrong person might stumble across them.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I took my CHL renewal at a VFW hall. There is a large plexiglass window with a very large bullet hole taped over and a corresponding hole in the wall beyond that. The instructor (whom I know and respect highly) had an AD during a class. The slug whizzed past his wife's head and created the subject holes. The fact that they left it unrepaired made it a VERY effective teaching tool!

Similarly, a friend in Oklahoma was a reserve police officer who was messing with his 44 magnum revolver in bed (I didn't ask WHY). He showed me the hole in his ceiling! His wife was there when it went off and she became REAL unhappy REAL fast!

Flash
    My grandfather passed away when I was about 10 years old.. he slept with a 38 spcl under his pillow cocked... After the funeral etc.. we went to his house to start packing things up. My mom leaned over and grabbed all the sheets on the bed and pulled them up towards her chest. The gun fired and went right through the bed, through the floor down into the basement. I was in the basement with my brother and the slug slammed into the floor about 10 feet from us. Scared the SH*T out of my mom and would of been a complete tragedy if the gun happened to be pointed in the other direction.

SO we learned from that experience!!! If you are going to leave loaded firearms around your house.... at least tell someone you trust where they are and the fact they are ready to shoot. Once you are gone the wrong person might stumble across them.

Good point, I did that a few weeks ago with my brother and his wife, also informed them ALL guns are loaded and to look EVERYWHERE because I may get new toys some day.

I've heard lots of "holes in the bed" stories.
    My next door neighbor has a hole in his bed too, he wouldn't expound upon cleaning it or playing around ... it was that day that confirmed to me that BEDS are dangerous ....I keep mine in the other room. Confucius say, man who sleep on floor doesn't get hurt falling out of bed.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Most likely a Smith and Wesson Sigma. Takes down the same as a Glock. Gotta pull the trigger. When you pull the trigger and you have not quadruple checked the chamber AND you point it at your own thigh...bad things can happen.

TooManyChoices!?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Texas
    Whenever these things happen I'm remnded of the movie "Blackhawk Down". You know the scene where the Delta operator is in the chow hall and the Seargent rips into him about having a hot weapon on base; and the Delta operator gives him a wry smile and responds with," My safety is right here Sir!(while twitching his index finger)." Lol! Mechanical safeties fail, your real safety is between your ears.

The really bad thing about these situations is that the anti-gunners try to use these incidents as proof that if it can happen to "trained professionals" (in a classroom setting no less), what does that say about "Joe average", having and carrying a firearm?:mad:!!!

PS- I carry a Glock 23 every day(about 7 years now), and before that, it was a Sigma series Smith & Wesson. There's always one in the chamber. I treat her like a gas operated revolver, aka, buggar hook off bang switch!!
    Be safe guys.

Too Many Choces!?

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Whenever these things happen I'm remnded of the movie "Blackhawk Down". You know the scene where the Delta operator is in the chow hall and the Seargent rips into him about having a hot weapon on base; and the Delta operator gives him a wry smile and responds with," My safety is right here Sir!(while twitching his index finger)." Lol! Mechanical safeties fail, your real safety is between your ears.

The really bad thing about these situations is that the anti-gunners try to use these incidents as proof that if it can happen to "trained professionals" (in a classroom setting no less), what does that say about "Joe average", having and carrying a firearm?:mad:!!!

PS- I carry a Glock 23 every day(about 7 years now), and before that, it was a Sigma series Smith & Wesson. There's always one in the chamber. I treat her like a gas operated revolver, aka, buggar hook off bang switch!!
    Be safe guys.

Too Many Choces!?

Yeah that finger safety is always a good one and one that every should respect... Guns don't accidently go off when you don't touch that little hang down... Girls don't accidently get pregnant if nothing's happening... The left doesn't need more ammunition... Let's stop giving it to them... I love that movie BTW...

Top Bottom