• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CAShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    This has been a great read, thank you all for your opinions. Now, let me give you all some more food for thought to expand the discussion.

What are your views on patrol officers keeping a binder with information on EVERYONE they talk to, EVEN LAW ABIDING PEOPLE.

Example- When Deputy Perez first walked up he called me by my LEGAL first name. Now I had a previous short conversation with him a few months prior, a casual conversation, and gave him my first name only (Tom)
    But when he walked up he called me by Thomas, which is how it appears on my drivers licence.

Also, not in the video, as he says his goodnight, he called me Mr (last name)
    Why did he even ask me for ID if he already knew who I was? And If I had not given him the info, how did he know my full legal name?

Answer- they keep a file on EVERYONE they contact or talk to NO MATTER WHY.

After the Deputy's left and I spoke to a woman who was there being curious herself, and she told me that before the deputy came over to me, he pulled out a binder, flipped through it, read a bit, then came over.

If someone has a clean record, WHY have a file on LAW abiding people??

Let the comments roll!
    clear.png

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This has been a great read, thank you all for your opinions. Now, let me give you all some more food for thought to expand the discussion.

What are your views on patrol officers keeping a binder with information on EVERYONE they talk to, EVEN LAW ABIDING PEOPLE.

Example- When Deputy Perez first walked up he called me by my LEGAL first name. Now I had a previous short conversation with him a few months prior, a casual conversation, and gave him my first name only (Tom)
    But when he walked up he called me by Thomas, which is how it appears on my drivers licence.

Why did he even ask me for ID if he already knew who I was? And If I had not given him the info, how did he know my full legal name?

After the Deputy's left and I spoke to a woman who was there being curious herself, and she told me that before the deputy came over to me, he pulled out a binder, flipped through it, read a bit, then came over.

Let the comments roll!
    clear.png
    It is just pragmatic...and creepy.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014

Let the comments roll!
    clear.png

They keep notes because they may need to later go back and find someone. Example they question someone who looks nervous walking away from a place where a crime was just committed. After questioning him, they let him go because nothing unusual comes up during the questioning. The next day the officer finds out he fits the description given by a witness of another crime a few blocks away. He goes to his notes for name and address.

It's called good police work. Don't act strange. You'll stay out of their notebook.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You record him with a camera.
    He records you with pen and paper.

And you're the one who is questioning the event.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Well then they need to come get this damn tracking chip outta my head...

You have no idea how many people call the local FBI offices requesting this very thing. Internally they are called "crazies". Crazies start out calling the local PDs. The local PDs pass it on up the chain by saying, "We can't help you." It keeps going up until it reaches the federal agencies. You could make comedy CDs from the recorded calls and make millions.

Top Bottom