Hurley's Gold

Political: Cartoons, Memes, Funny Pictures, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1635193554320.png

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Routinely the highest in the nation.

While most articles state it’s because the closest station is 12 miles south / 40 miles north, Wiki says it’s because the town and gas station are all run off electricity from a diesel generator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I saw a 2000 square foot house for sale near there with a huge water tank so they probably didn't have running water. It's on 40 acres and the views were fantastic. 7.5 mil.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Mostly accurate - but I hadn't seen that they're doubling up on the mileage tax for truckers - semi trucks *already* pay by the mile for tax.

At the end of the day, trucks are responsible for 99.999% of damage to roads caused by vehicles.

But any rate increase they pay will be passed on to consumers anyway…so we pay for it regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    At the end of the day, trucks are responsible for 99.999% of damage to roads caused by vehicles.

But any rate increase they pay will be passed on to consumers anyway…so we pay for it regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll bet IF the FedGov and various states pitched the idea to the trucking industry of *truck only* tollways with no passenger vehicles (aside from cops) that had reasonable fees - they'd jump on it. Higher speed limits, no "4 wheeler" traffic to deal with. They could go further each day, theoretically.

The passenger vehicles staying on their road, separate from the trucks would theoretically be safer because they're not interacting with large numbers of commercial vehicles moving slower (and the differential in speed is more dangerous than the size and presence of the commercial trucks)

Everyone should be happier and safer.

And because that makes sense, it'll never happen.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'll bet IF the FedGov and various states pitched the idea to the trucking industry of *truck only* tollways with no passenger vehicles (aside from cops) that had reasonable fees - they'd jump on it. Higher speed limits, no "4 wheeler" traffic to deal with. They could go further each day, theoretically.

The passenger vehicles staying on their road, separate from the trucks would theoretically be safer because they're not interacting with large numbers of commercial vehicles moving slower (and the differential in speed is more dangerous than the size and presence of the commercial trucks)

Everyone should be happier and safer.

And because that makes sense, it'll never happen.
    We're you here when the segregated speed limits were in place?
    4 wheels, 75 mph.
    Bus, 65
    Towing, 70
    Semi, 65.

A huge cluster.

But yeah, a dedicated/barricaded commercial lane would be nice.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    We're you here when the segregated speed limits were in place?
    4 wheels, 75 mph.
    Bus, 65
    Towing, 70
    Semi, 65.

A huge cluster.

But yeah, a dedicated/barricaded commercial lane would be nice.
    The west coast is still like that - not as many differential limits - but passenger cars have a typical 10-15mph higher limit than commercial trucks / busses / any vehicle with a trailer.

Top Bottom