• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Rather than spending time on stupid useless polls we ought to be contacting representatives telling them to vote against any legislation that punishes law abiding citizens because of the actions of that jackass.

Frankly in response to this there should be fewer restrictions and more people should have firearms. Had there been 1 person, with a gun, near that asshole when he started up the storey would have been different. 2 shots center mass. Hopefully it would have been 2shots from about 8 different people.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Rather than spending time on stupid useless polls we ought to be contacting representatives telling them to vote against any legislation that punishes law abiding citizens because of the actions of that jackass.

Frankly in response to this there should be fewer restrictions and more people should have firearms. Had there been 1 person, with a gun, near that asshole when he started up the storey would have been different. 2 shots center mass. Hopefully it would have been 2shots from about 8 different people.

This. These polls don't mean anything, and aren't used on the air. They can't really be used since they're not scientific.

thehemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Texas
    The govt should fix NICS if they want to work on the real problem.
    How did Loughner, Hasan and Cho all succesfully pass NICS checks?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The govt should fix NICS if they want to work on the real problem.
    How did Loughner, Hasan and Cho all succesfully pass NICS checks?

None of them had a criminal record and none of them had been committed to a psychiatric facility by a court. NICS worked just fine...

Or do you want to sign off on your rights on "that guy is weird"?

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    Had there been 1 person, with a gun, near that asshole when he started up the storey would have been different. 2 shots center mass. Hopefully it would have been 2shots from about 8 different people.

Actually, there was a fellow there with his CC, but because the perp was already getting tackled by others, the guy decided to keep from hitting any innocents, and being perceived as a second shooter, he kept it holstered and joined in on taking him down.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Guess Spidey senses only work in the movies.

Anyway - instead of masterbating on the internet about this stuff, I seriously recommend contacting our representatives to make sure McCarthy's bill dies an early death before it even reaches the floor. To help out:

1 - go here or here and you can go directly to their web-site, find their 'contact me' link to follow it.
    OR you can go here and it will send an email to your specific congresscritter. I recommend sending messages to all of them.

2- Fill in the entire form. yeah they want your address, yeah they are going to send you crap in the mail and send you email - delete the email and use the mail to start fires.

3- to make your life easier I wrote this:

Oppose all forms of gun control legislation now being proposed.
    What happened in Tucson is a tragedy. However, that does not excuse or give congress the right to trample all over law abiding citizen's constitutional rights. I'm sure Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy has good intentions proposing her bill but she is flat out wrong.
    As my representative I expect you to oppose any form of gun control and convince others in congress to do the same.

Feel free to edit and rewrite. I'm not great at this stuff, but I do recommend making your point (oppose gun control) in the first line. Make it easy for the poor intern to count which side you are on, b/c nobody is really reading this stuff. They just count up how many on each side of an issue and go.
    I'd also suggest hitting up Boehner as the speaker.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Guess Spidey senses only work in the movies.

Anyway - instead of masterbating on the internet about this stuff, I seriously recommend contacting our representatives to make sure McCarthy's bill dies an early death before it even reaches the floor. To help out:

1 - go here or here and you can go directly to their web-site, find their 'contact me' link to follow it.
    OR you can go here and it will send an email to your specific congresscritter. I recommend sending messages to all of them.

2- Fill in the entire form. yeah they want your address, yeah they are going to send you crap in the mail and send you email - delete the email and use the mail to start fires.

3- to make your life easier I wrote this:

Feel free to edit and rewrite. I'm not great at this stuff, but I do recommend making your point (oppose gun control) in the first line. Make it easy for the poor intern to count which side you are on, b/c nobody is really reading this stuff. They just count up how many on each side of an issue and go.
    I'd also suggest hitting up Boehner as the speaker.

Very good advise. Good job and thanks for posting it.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    I can just about guarantee you that to email or write McCarthy, Schumer, or even Boxer in La La Land will get you nothing but wasted time. When they see something from out of their area, "File 13". And you can bet that from their liberal area, they only get back slaps and fist bumps.

One time about 10 years or so back, when McCarthy was proposing something, I emailed her and told her that if her husband had been allowed to Legally carry a gun, he might be here today. Of course never heard back and that is a guarantee that it was never read.

One time my local dishrag published on the editorial page an Anti-Gun article by Babs Boxer that was so full of BS that I fired an email off to her. More wasted bandwidth, naturally never heard back from her either.

You can just about tell when one actually reads your letter or email. Even a liberal will usually come back with something. There are a few national liberal writers who I have written and they wrote back a short quip. I never get nasty with them, just try to be witty and show a little bit of respect.

Just like I do on here.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    The point to letter writing in the political arena isn't for one on one dialog. It is volume. None of the representatives read any of the mail they receive. They have interns for that shit. The intern reads it, and marks a tally either for or against whatever issue the letter was about. The data is then put in a report that is summarized and handed over to the chief of staff who tells the representative what is going on. If the 'representative' is receiving 10K letters and emails telling him or her to vote against gun control legislation then he or she will most like pay attention and factor that in to their decision making. For each person that takes the time to send a letter or write an email there are thousands of voters that don't but are of the same mindset. There might also be people of the opposite opinion. The goal is to overwhelm their voice with yours.

So yeah - Boxer probably doesnt get much email telling her to vote against gun control. But Boxer is a political whore. If her district suddenly started telling her to vote against gun control then she would because she likes being a powerful congress critter. Whores do what they're told, otherwise they wouldnt be whores.

Top Bottom