popped my cherry today

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by lorendhenry, Oct 21, 2009.

1. lorendhenry

lorendhenry Member

Nov 27, 2008
    spring
    I took the plunge and bought a lee load master in 9mm changed the dies to 40S&W. read and reread the manuals. and loaded my first 5 rounds today. I checked the powder dispenser at least 20 times along with the load data. went to my shooting spot fired all five rounds with no problems. I was exhilarated and apprehensive at the same time. the reason I am writing this is that my wife is away on a business trip and I feel so good that I had to share with someone so I thought why not the TGT crew.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Grats

3. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Felt good didn't it? But you should have kept the first one you loaded, you'll never have that again.

4. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Great. If you shoot a lot, reloading is the answer.

You'll gain confidence as you go along. Most people that load hand gun ammo are going for practice loads, which usually are lower presure and give a a slight margin of error. At least the amount you can expect from the standard set up, so if you are vigulant, you'll be okay. Just don't smoke or worse drink while you're reloading...

5. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW

6. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009

eh the samer can be said of teh 7th round ;)

7. lorendhenry

lorendhenry Member

Nov 27, 2008
    spring
    I bought the equipment at 10ring and the picture of the 357, that they have there, that is blown up due to a careless double load is what I think worried me the most about reloading.

8. Wraith

Wraith Active Member

Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Like others have said, don't drink or smoke while reloading. I also make it a point to not have the TV on or more than one person around while I'm reloading, anything that will distract you will caue errors and if you think you screwed up pull the suspects out and start fresh.

9. lorendhenry

lorendhenry Member

Nov 27, 2008
    spring
    I am lucky never done the smoking thing and rarely drink any more there was a time, but that time has passed. thanks for letting me share, just got done loading 100 rounds glad I bought the turret type press, I guess I should save them seeing I will never have my first 100 rounds again ;). Thanks again all for letting me share.

10. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    :(

Ahh, brings back memories of pulling something like 70 bullets off cause I was just a little uncertain of the load.