• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    at a well know hospital in baytown theres a 30.06 on front that says "article 4413"

but has in tiny print "revision...." is this a good sign???
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• SSPX0025..jpg
      SSPX0025..jpg
      28 KB · Views: 117

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.

(3) "Written communication" means:
    (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Article 4413(29ee), Revised Statutes (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

The sign is not a "card or other document" but someone in their legal department may have thought so. That said it may be there to remind employees\staff what is written in the employee handbook, or who verbally received instruction.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My penal code looks like this:
    Sec. 30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
    (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
    (2) received notice that:
    (A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden; or
    (B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
    (c) In this section:
    (1) "Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
    (2) "License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).
    (3) "Written communication" means:
    (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
    (B) a sign posted on the property that:
    (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
    The sign the OP posted uses the old language and is thus meaningless. A 30.06 sign must have the exact wordage.

mdehoogh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    DFW
    I noticed my doctors office has an old school 30.05 sign with a similar wording to today's 30.06 notice. Of course, I did not alert them to their mistake.

Top Bottom