• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Anyone got a hankerin' for some Chinesium?

For the right price I would be. If they can make a $10,000 EV why not a V8 bike for $2000?

Also posting to vent: found another project bike for the right price, its too tall to fit in my van and I'm not sure I want to pay u-haul $175 to transport a $400 bike. Life is suffering sometimes.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    For the right price I would be. If they can make a $10,000 EV why not a V8 bike for $2000?

Also posting to vent: found another project bike for the right price, its too tall to fit in my van and I'm not sure I want to pay u-haul $175 to transport a $400 bike. Life is suffering sometimes.
    If you drop the handlebars, would it go?

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    If you drop the handlebars, would it go?
    Unfortunately not very much, plus the rear seat and gauges are nearly just as high. Not sure disassembling the bike on site would be the smartest move, but to save $175 I might. This one has engine oil in the case so I don't think I can even consider transporting on its side. Most of the u-haul cost is the mileage. I think the bike is about an 85 mile drive west so ~175 mile round trip is whats really adding up unfortunately.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 133137.png

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    diamo01.jpg

3rd. ride. 250 Diamo. The wife wanted to try riding on her own. She eventually decided to ride behind me.

Last edited:

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Valkyrie.jpg

Traded the victory in on a Honda Valkyrie. Also 1500 ccs, but the flat-6 engine reved much higher. It didn't have the low end torque of the Victory, but the top end beat the crap out of it. This isn't a bike to race stop light to stop light. It's for tearing up mountain roads. The low center of gravity made it incredibly stable. I scrapped the $#!t out of those pegs.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Unfortunately not very much, plus the rear seat and gauges are nearly just as high. Not sure disassembling the bike on site would be the smartest move, but to save $175 I might. This one has engine oil in the case so I don't think I can even consider transporting on its side. Most of the u-haul cost is the mileage. I think the bike is about an 85 mile drive west so ~175 mile round trip is whats really adding up unfortunately.

View attachment 453491
    Home Depot not an option? I think it’s like 20 bucks for a hour or some shit like that.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

View attachment 453491

Home depot has a vehicle for about $20.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Home Depot not an option? I think it’s like 20 bucks for a hour or some shit like that.
    That was my second thought: checked HD's rental site and theres just none anywhere in DFW seemingly. Found 1 that makes sense in Plano for a transit van. Checked Lowes and they don't have any online rental site to give a quoted price EDIT: nor do any of the location other than little elm rent them out. Unlimited miles and $20 for 90 minutes, the bike is about 90 minutes away, so half a day is still looking like an $85-100 day.
    My trepidation to renting a flatbed or any other pickup is a truck bed is still a good ~3 feet in the air. I have one of those bike mover/ramp combos (below) that I used to roll the last project into my van, but thats a pretty steep slope to shove a non-running bike into a truck bed alone; seller sounds like she's an older woman selling because of injuries hence I assume I'd have to do it solo. I'm going to do some more digging.

My van has no trailer hitch, so renting just a trailer won't help any. I might just take the seat off and lower the handle bars, even use some 2x4's to lean it sideways in my van at this rate of hunting down rentals.

oyUsMZ7.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom