Target Sports

Powder, Primers, and Bullets? Gunshow or Local in Sa TX?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    San Antonio
    I am finally getting my reloading area all setup, but have not yet bought any powder, primers, or bullets. I am reloading 45ACP. Can anyone give advice on a local shop that is good to get this stuff, or is my best bet to go to the gunshow or order online. I was hoping to pick up the powder and primers locally to avoid the hazmat fees. Thanks in advance for the help folks.
    Spanky
    Gun Zone Deals

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I know this probably isn't worth spitting in the sand in the desert, but if you ever for any reason make your way out to the Lubbock area, theres a small outdoor range out here that has done an amazing job of keeping powder and primers on stock through this whole reloading crisis. The place is called Rustic Range and they are out in Slaton, Tx.
    It's been 2 years since i've been in the S.A. area and wouldnt even know where to begin suggesting.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    http://www.grafs.com/
    I use them for most of it, because their shipping is so cheap (4.50/order). They also let you backorder stuff. It costs about the same if you get into the 5k primers area, and a lot cheaper online after that. They have very reasonable bullet and brass prices.

There is occasional deals on MidwayUSA. Their shipping kind of gets in the way, but their selection and website are usually a little nicer.

I've bought stuff from the Powderhorn and Nagels, though i don't remember any deals. Bass pro, but don't go there for primers, it is a sad joke.

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    Ho guns on Culebra. He stocks just about anything you might need. Plus he supports the shooting club at Blackhawk. Tell him Mike from Victoria sent you. I drive from there to get stuff from him on a regular basis.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Ditto...Wayne and Chris are good guys. Of course, he was OUT of Unique and 2400 last time I was there...did have some primers, though.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    If you decide to buy powder at a gun show, ensure that the factory seal is intact!!!!! Or for that matter, any source of purchase...

Top Bottom