• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where his parents, Eleanor Darragh and Rafael Cruz, were working in the oil business.[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] His father was aCuban immigrant to the United States during the Cuban Revolution.[SUP][10][/SUP] His mother was born and reared in Delaware, in a family of Irish and Italian descent.[SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP] Cruz's family returned to the U.S. when he was four years old.[SUP][10][/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

Last edited:

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I was under the impression if one of your parents was an American that hasn't renounced their citizenship, then the child would be considered an American, as well? If so, definitely has my vote.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I was under the impression if one of your parents was an American that hasn't renounced their citizenship, then the child would be considered an American, as well? If so, definitely has my vote.

If that parent was the father. Or if the parent was the monther and the mother spent at least 10 years in the US after her 16th birthday.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    From Congress

A memorandum to Congress dated April 3, 2009, written by the Congressional Research Service (CRS), states:
    Considering the history of the constitutional qualifications provision, the common use and meaning of the phrase "natural-born subject" in England and in the Colonies in the 1700s, the clause's apparent intent, the subsequent action of the first Congress in enacting the Naturalization Act of 1790 (expressly defining the term "natural born citizen" to include a person born abroad to parents who are United States citizens), as well as subsequent Supreme Court dicta, it appears that the most logical inferences would indicate that the phrase "natural born Citizen" would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth".[SUP][44][/SUP]

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    some more
    The Naturalization Act of 1790 stated that "the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens". (Act to establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, 1st Congress, 2nd session, March 26, 1790, 1 Stat.L. 103 at 104, 2 Laws of the U.S., ed. Bioren & Duane (1815) 82 at 83.) This act was superseded by the Naturalization Act of 1795, which did not mention the phrase natural born citizen.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Heck yea I'd vote for him. We all know that the "establishment" is going to push the likes of Rubio or Jeb Busch. Which I guess either would be better than what we have now......but dang why settle for one of them when we could have a guy like Cruz?

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I would vote for him no problem. Just know that the democrats will try every trick available to see that he doesn't get a chance.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    He also has a REAL birth certificate. After 8 years of this lying Kenyan/Indonesian wanna-be dictator POS squatting in the White House - I better not hear ONE single peep out of the Commies (Democrats) about his "eligibility".

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    He also has a REAL birth certificate. After 8 years of this lying Kenyan/Indonesian wanna-be dictator POS squatting in the White House - I better not hear ONE single peep out of the Commies (Democrats) about his "eligibility".

They already are and have been since the first time Cruz smacked one of their idols around.

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    He explains it himself at the end of this video. Its also good showing his views whivh as usual are right in line with mine.

Top Bottom