• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They usually go for $600 to $1000 depending on it's condition and the sanity of the seller. They have soft bolt ears from the factory, so be sure to check for excessive headspace, but otherwise are a pretty good gun. I would recommend saving for a Springfield if you are looking for a good long term investment, but the Norincos are good plinkers.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Agreed with Dawico, I looked at getting one for a while, most at gun shows are in the $800 range, I saw one at a gun shop in Lubbock for $750.

Used Springfields run 1100.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    They've softened in recent years, they're down to $600-800 usually. Most seem to be "post-ban" with the dummy flash hider on them. If you're frugal, you can buy one and a USGI parts it and have a nice rifle for reasonable money.

Eli

SPCLEE11b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah had a Polytech for a while and just decided that it was not worth the hassle so I sold it and just bought a cheap CETME did the same thing I was using the M1A for but did not need to change out the bolt and add in USGI parts. Also my poly after about 100rds starting doing double and triple taps with one pull of the trigger

herbstine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Florence, TX
    Avoid Polytech M1A's like the flu!!! They are of very low quality and near dangerous to use, also have little or no resale value.

They aren't high quality, no, more like below average. But no more dangerous than any other gun in that class of manufacture & better than some (R&G, anyone?). The thing to keep in mind is that Chinese 7.62 ammo, 7.62x54R & 7.62 NATO, isn't loaded as strong as Russian or NATO issue. The Japanese do the same with their 7.62 NATO ammo. The PolyTechs are designed to work with Chinese spec ammo. I have a PolyTech, and it shoots just fine with the copper-wash Chinese ammo. When I load (rarely) NATO spec ammo (LC 76) , the thing slams hard & I get a very impressive flame out of the muzzle.

If you plan to buy one, then I recommend you find a supply of the Chinese made ammo (I was still able to find a case in a Ma & Pa gunstore 2 years ago, so there's some still around). DON"T use NATO spec ammo, or you'll beat it to death. There was a shop years ago that would re-harden the reciever on them, but they were asking I think it was $600 for the service. Not worth it. If you're just after a 7.62 battle rifle, I'd go with a CETME, an FN FAL or, if you have a bit more money, a Kel Tec RFB.

As for no resale value on the PolyTechs, if they didn't, you'd see a few at just about every gunshow, cheap. I've only seen 3 in the last 10 years, and they cost 2 - 3x what I paid for mine brand new.

phatcatblues

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Mckinney
    Avoid Polytech M1A's like the flu!!! They are of very low quality and near dangerous to use, also have little or no resale value.

hm.......i don't what drug you are on but, polytech receiver is actually stronger than the ones from SA, some serious M1A owner buy polytech m14s just use the receiver and build their rifle base on that reciever. the bolt is soft, you can get the USGI bolt assy. and some other US made part to make the rifle 922r. but the resale value is good, $800 for a reseasonable deal.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom