• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Good to hear the AR is running right.

I think I am going to have or order one of these to put on my "o i need one 2" cheap arse Magpull Rifle.
    Guns International

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Took mine out Wed. (finally). Fired approximately 40 rds. through the CX4 .45 Beretta to get it sighted in. Worked great! I can get at least a 2" group at 50 yds. with .45 cal. ball ammo and usually better than that. I certainly didn't test it like dobarker but everything I have done with it has been very satisfactory. I would say the Primary Arms is a great buy for the money. Thanks for the extensive review, dobarker!

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Test #3: The rain test.
    Lubbock had a 30% forecast of rain for last night and today so the sight spent the night and day outside. It rained 1", the sight got wet. Lens caps were open. However, i'm pleased to say that the inside of the scope remained dry, no fogging of the lenses took place. The lenses got wet and when dried became nice and clear again. All seals remained water tight.

Last edited by a moderator:

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Thanks for the test and glad it is proving me right when I recommend the M4 clone from Primary Arms. Mine has preformed well for about a year. The Gen2 and 3 micro dots work just as well. Have a Gen3 that bounces back and forth from a Browning Buckmark and Hi Point 9mm carbine. Good stuff from Primary Arms.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Got the time today to finish the tests.

Test #4: Recoil.
    I mounted the sight to my 870 and launched 35 1-oz. 12 gauge slugs out from under it. Despite the brutal recoil on me, the sight was unaffected. It actually grouped really well with slugs and the sight at 25 and 50 yards field position shooting. Remounted the sight on the AR after shooting the slugs to be sure it still was on, and sure enough, it held a general zero that could be expected after moving the mount from weapon to weapon.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Test #5: Drop test
    While at the range, I figured we may as well get the drop test done. No real bells or whistle methods here. Drop the sight at different heights onto caliche road and see what happens.
    The sight was dropped two times at each different height from four different heights: 2ft. 3ft. 4ft. and 5 1/2ft.
    At 2, 3 and 4, the scope did just fine. After each drop, the sight was remounted onto the AR and tested by 5 rounds to check if it was still working.
    Then, the sight died. At 5 and a half feet, it made it through the first drop and the brightness dial/ on-off switch got a little gritty but still worked, sight was still holding zero and functional.
    Then....

Failure.
    The brightness setting dial sheared off. The dial was held in by what looked like a plastic/injection molded screw, which broke. Though the lenses, body and projector were still in tact and functional, without being able to turn the scope on, I have to declare that this is what killed the scope.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    On a special side note, I would like to suggest to the manufacturer to use a stainless screw in the three screw base set up. After the rain test, the three screws had surface rust on them, something that would have not been noticed if the sight was mounted on a rifle.

In short though, for the price, I would definitely buy the primary arms m4 again, or for other firearms. I am contemplating getting a micro-dot at the moment to put on my marlin camp 9.
    There are a few modifications that could be made in the design, one as mentioned above with the base screws, and also, the thing that caused failure. I'd like to see that brightness setting screw be made of steel or at least a highly rigid injection mold.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I know this is an old thread, but I saw this on another site.

Top Bottom