• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    So awhile back I sold off all my red dots. Nothing fancy, just some Vortexs (vortices?) and a couple TRS-25s. I have an astigmatism and instead of a dot, I see a triangle... Would prefer not to rely on eyeglasses in order to shoot accurately.

Anyhow, the prism style optics work fine for me. The main issue is, what all is available, especially in smaller sizes?
    More specifically, is there anything out there like the old Bushnell TRS-25... Cheap, durable, and not a complete piece of crap?

I can't really outfit my guns with a bunch of ACOGs. I did see some cool Primary Arms scopes... but also intested in some 0 magnification

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Lynx Defense

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Subscribing so I don't miss the learn'n. I don't have experience with them, but I've pretty much decided there should be a PA 5x prism in my .308 BLR's future IF the boys at PA can help me engineer a bolt on mount. My BLR is Belgian born from 1970 so I'm not willing to smith it - even for the upgrade. It's scoped but I'm looking to hunt with that ACCS reticle.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    how in God's holy name did I not ever look into the spitfire. I had the Sparc and the Strikefire and just assumed they only made holographic red dots.

Thanks man! The Spitfire is right up my alley. The Steiner would top my M6IC off nicely.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    I have the Vortex Spitfire AR in a 1x. It has a diopter to adjust to your eye sight. One problem with mine is the battery goes dead just from sitting in the safe so I never get anywhere close to the advertised battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    If memory serves correct, Primary Arms is also going to have a 1X Prismatic available.

I’ve got the astigmatism thing going as well and have been looking at a prismatic.

Stinks about the battery life of the Vortex. Have you contacted them to see what their stance was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Sig CP1 is a 3x prismatic that works really well for the price. I think Sig might have discontinued it, but the factory in china that was making them for Sig still is. You can find the clones floating around...

1914329_01_sig_sauer_cp1_g1_prismatic_3x__640.jpg

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    If memory serves correct, Primary Arms is also going to have a 1X Prismatic available.

I’ve got the astigmatism thing going as well and have been looking at a prismatic.

Stinks about the battery life of the Vortex. Have you contacted them to see what their stance was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have not yet. I will and post back.

spuds015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    I have the Vortex Spitfire AR in a 1x. It has a diopter to adjust to your eye sight. One problem with mine is the battery goes dead just from sitting in the safe so I never get anywhere close to the advertised battery life.

According to Vortex, my issue is not normal and they are sending me the warranty paperwork for a new one.

Top Bottom