• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    I promise I used the search feature but could not find anything. I'm sorry if this is a retread.

For those of you that keep a handgun in your vehicle while traveling, what is your storage method?

Just keep in your glove box? side console? under seat? in a holster? From a tactical, self -defense standpoint whats best? From a easy to get to standpoint whats best? Safety for other occupants in the car? I have a Titan pickup so I am trying to consider all possible scenarios before making my decision. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Lynx Defense

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've got an Uncle Mikes neoprene IWB that stays in the crack between the driver’s seat and the center seat in my F150. When I get into the truck, the gun goes in that holster, when I get out it goes back in my carry holster. It's easier for me to access when it's right there at my side, and it's really easy to just push it down out of sight if I'm going through a drive through or if I happen to get pulled over or something (as not to alarm the officer when he approaches). The neoprene material it's made out of keeps it from moving on its own and I already had it sitting in the closet.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    When you say "while traveling," do you mean you do not have your CHL? The preferred method is to carry on your person in a position that is accessible in a seated position. Otherwise, a concealed location that is accessible, such as the gap between the driver's seat and console, would be a good choice. Take your handgun with you when you exit your vehicle at your hotel or destination. If you're a CHL holder, take it with you anytime you exit your vehicle, unless you cannot carry at the specified location.

ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    When you say "while traveling," do you mean you do not have your CHL? The preferred method is to carry on your person in a position that is accessible in a seated position. Otherwise, a concealed location that is accessible, such as the gap between the driver's seat and console, would be a good choice. Take your handgun with you when you exit your vehicle at your hotel or destination. If you're a CHL holder, take it with you anytime you exit your vehicle, unless you cannot carry at the specified location.

I am not currently a CHL holder.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You want it to be easily accessable while you are in there, and locked up while you are not, so you may need two different ways.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom