Target Sports

Proof positive never leave home with out your gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    For this reason, I always keep the 870 loaded with buckshot, though my wife has her own g17 loaded with HPs. We have a baby on the way, so I may need to rethink how things are around here. Luckily, my wife was raised on shooting and is confident with rifles, pistols, and shotguns. I thank her dad for that.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    what did the cops have to say? just filled out a report and moved on or did they mention if there has been similar events going on lately?
    ( i am assuming she completed a 911 call)

and also, since we have opened this box of worms, if you had hurried home - getting there before the police how would you have handled it?
    how would you have handled it differently if you had a handgun? a shotgun?

these sorts of "what if" questions do make for muddled and pointless threads, but thinking through these scenarios (i think) is a good exercises long as you remain honest with yourself about yourself, and the situations.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm not the paranoid type, but you shouldn't ignore that sixth sense feeling when it happens. Circle back if you got a minute or 2 to spare!

It's your subconscious mind talking to you. It's putting things together intuitively. We've been trained to ignore that by society, but it's there for a reason. It's a basic survival instinct that helped us get to the top of the food chain and stay there.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The cop said that in the 25 years he been with RPD he has never had a call from this street before ever. The cop stop is only 2 minutes away and I did beat them there. If something where going on my mind would have taken over 1. situation assessment 2. check for visible weapons and depending what's going act from there. I can generally fashion a weapon out of most anything if I need to keys, pen/pencil, umbrella, (I have a really heavy one with a point that stays in the car) hell even my back pack its heavy enough to knock someone out with my textbooks in it. We just got lucky it didn't go any farther than it did and now I'm gonna start paying more attention to my natural instincts.

Top Bottom