• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Personal responsibility has been over run by those who prefer the victim role. I hear many young folks say, oh accidents happen or everyone makes mistakes, sorry, I don't buy that we have a brain use it and be responsible for your actions.

If we made people pay then much of the problem would go away, the state and government are enablers IMO.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Like I said before I live a county north of Travis in Williamson and I don't own a home either, But this is ridiculous. Why would they need abortions if they are responsible "females of reproductive age"? I would rather pay the excess medical expenses that pay to murder an innocent life for no other reason than the mother couldn't handle the responsibility!

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Hope you'll vote either in Feb early voting or March 2nd and in the Primary

Without turning this into a Pro/Anti abortion thread, I'm just addressing the Tax Saving/Taxpayer aspect of this Resolution.

Meanwhile, since that's where property taxes go, view this as a taxpayer-saving measure below:

Texas State Republican Executive Committee, the governing board of the Republican Party of Texas, voted overwhelmingly to give Republican primary voters a chance to vote on the resolution.

The SREC stands for State (Tx) Republican Executive Committee.

Texas Republicans will have an opportunity to vote next year on whether they believe state legislators should pursue this. They will determine if they think women considering an abortion should first be allowed a chance to see an ultrasound of their unborn child.

The resolution reads:
    "Sonograms: The Texas Legislature should enact legislation requiring a
    sonogram be performed and shown to each mother about to undergo a medically
    unnecessary, elective abortion."

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last session, Senator Dan Patrick (R-Houston) and Representative Frank Corte (R-San Antonio) authored legislation to put the idea into practice, but the bills did not make it out of the legislature to the governor.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although the state Senate approved Senate Bill 182, to make Texas the seventeenth state to allow women to see a pre-abortion ultrasound, the bill stalled in the House.[/FONT]

So, Senator Dan Patrick (R-Houston) in the Senate, where it passed. Representative Frank Corte (R-San Antonio) authored the House version of the bill, which died as a result of Democrats' chubbing.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Planned parenthood was set up by eugenicists who idea of a better America was to have less breeding by "lower" classes.

I can't say anything more.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I was hoping my old age had kicked in and that my ears were playing tricks on me ...

• In 2005, 85,760 women obtained abortions in Texas, producing a rate of 17.3 abortions per 1,000 women of reproductive age. Some of these women were from other states, and some Texas residents had abortions in other states, so this rate may not reflect the abortion rate of state residents. The rate declined 8% since 2000, when it was 18.8 abortions per 1,000 women 15-44. Abortions in Texas represent 7.1 of all abortions in the United States.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/sfaa/texas.html[url]http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/sfaa/texas.html[/URL]

That's excessive. I am for abortion in few scenarios, but that number leads me to believe it's being used for birth control, and that is not moral or responsible. Simply another lovely aspect of a selfish society.

Top Bottom