• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I see Twitter is hitting with Mom Demand Action members staging a sit down protest with Richardson City Council to prevent NRA from leasing any buildings. I know most of us have beef with Wayne but this type of action by Mom Demand Action preventing a legitimate organization from setting up shop here is disturbing at best. I even ask one of them why protest a group whose purpose is to offer better education and training to kids but get mere silence from them.

ARJ Defense ad

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Moms Demand Action has been active in Tx politics for years, my first observance was them (people from Fl) at Tx Rep town meetings. Basically anti-gun protestors who are pretty stupid IMHO. Look at where they get their $. .
    I see them as a bunch of paid Karen's. In one event I attended many of them were bused in and at the end were given gift cards for attending. they almost gave me one thinking I was one of them.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm a life member at Whittington. They'd never build another facility so close.

Whittington is not close to anything. Hence why PGA is not building golf courses in Raton.

It is a fine facility, but it really does not get much use due distance from major cities and airports.

Reactions: gll

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Whittington is not close to anything. Hence why PGA is not building golf courses in Raton.

It is a fine facility, but it really does not get much use due distance from major cities and airports.
    Don't I know it. I wanted to retire there until I spent time there. The Center is amazing and wonderful but Raton is the armpit of New Mexico. There's nothing to do other than go out to the Center and shoot.

As nice as that is, man cannot live by bread, alone.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Evening news got the NRA to talk. “We have no intention of moving to Richardson Texas”. So that translates into, we are on our way to Richardson.
    They were looking at some of the old Blue Cross buildings. I seriously doubt they'll choose Richardson. My past employer which was a very large corporation looked at Richardson several years ago but we were denied. The telecom businesses raised hell about our business model which was tech related. Of course BCBS has been in those old buildings for 40+ years.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There should be a facility like that in every state, and three in Texas.
    Yeah. I'm jealous that, for example, the state of Colorado owns and operates one of the biggest and best ranges out there. In my home state of Alabama, there's that amazing facility near Talladega. But, overall, there are not enough really good, big ranges close enough to everyone who would use one.

Rest assured, though, that if I win big in the lottery Texas will get one. :)

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    They were looking at some of the old Blue Cross buildings. I seriously doubt they'll choose Richardson. My past employer which was a very large corporation looked at Richardson several years ago but we were denied. The telecom businesses raised hell about our business model which was tech related. Of course BCBS has been in those old buildings for 40+ years.

Oh great my current plan is BCBS.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Why in the world would the Wayne LaPierre Rifle Association want to move to Texas?
    With the way they have chosen to go who really wants them here? I kinda see it as a bad influence for Texas other than being so called pro 2A.
    They will never be right again until Wayne boy passes on because he'll never leave.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Didn’t the bankruptcy judge prohibit NRA from relocating to Dallas a couple years ago? MDA seems a few years late to the party.

Top Bottom