• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Perry’s defense said he did everything he could to avoid the protesters as he dropped off one of his riders downtown. They said he was fully cooperative with police and turned over his phone and social media passwords right away, without a warrant.
    Sounds like the prosecution used Perry’s own words against him. Probably out of context, but reason number eleventy billion and sixty nine why you let your lawyer talk to the police. Force the warrant. Bare minimum.
    Guns International

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Wtf. Is there something that was revealed in trial that was not public knowledge? What lead the jury to vote guilty on a murder charge?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wtf. Is there something that was revealed in trial that was not public knowledge? What lead the jury to vote guilty on a murder charge?
    His social media posts was brought up in the trial. On social media he effectively said “Protesters? Mow ‘em down.” Prosecution also likely brought up he was working for Uber whose terms of employment prohibited employees having firearms at work.

I don’t know who the defense attorney was, but I don’t think it was an experienced self defense attorney. Hopefully it wasn’t a Texas Law Shield or other legal service plan attorney because most of those olans are void if you’re convicted.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    What little I saw of the trial was a whole bunch of libtards testifying that Foster was a great guy and didn't raise his AK47 up at all. These were all protesters testifying how bad Perry was. All lawbreakers. The only good guy was the one convicted. Stay away from Autism.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So,,,,is it just me or did it just become a crime to defend yourself against armed violent protestors in Austin????
    The criminals are running the city, not the people.
    No way in hell hell I so much as drive through on the freeway now without at least one dual camera dashcam running. Preferably 2.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Stay out of Travis County period. (not just Austin). Depending on who you are, a self defense plea may or may not be advisable. That DA is dirty, just like Ronnie Earl was.

This is just one of the many reasons I left Travis county after living there for 52 years. I don't even recognize it anymore.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The damning evidence:
    “The testimony confirming Perry's anger toward protesters came on the third day of the trial as prosecutors displayed text messages and social media comments showing that he thought about killing them. "I might have to kill a few people on my way to work, they are rioting outside my apartment complex," Perry wrote to a friend in June of 2020. "I might go to Dallas to shoot looters," he wrote on another occasion. Perry also encouraged violence in a variety of social media posts.

In addition, Perry speculated about how he might get away with such a killing – by claiming self-defense, as he is now doing. Prosecutors presented a Facebook Messenger chat between Perry and a friend, Michael Holcomb, which occurred two weeks before he shot Foster. In it, Perry argued that shooting protesters was legal if it was in self-defense.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The damning evidence:

The lesson here being "don't discuss the measures you may need to take if caught in a riot over any social media or messaging service".

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The lesson here being "don't discuss the measures you may need to take if caught in a riot over any social media or messaging service".

I’d say the lesson is more about knowing what social messaging can be traced back to you. WhatsApp is great for anonymity, but it does retain messages. Something like Signal or Session would be a much better alternative.

Top Bottom