• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Just finished (well almost finished) my lower. Got an Anderson lower and a PSA lower parts kit. Only problem is, they included everything BUT the bolt to attach the pistol grip! I contacted PSA, but does anybody know the size off hand? It may be just as easy to run across the street to the hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Should be 1/4 - 28 x 3/4
    I have a few of those lowers and put in SS bolts.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ^^^This.....

giphy.gif

Ninja'd by brashears

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      2.2 MB · Views: 209

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Lol....he might want to go with 1" though. 3/4 work but maybe??

Anderson lowers are not tapped all tbe way through. 3/4 grip screws are fine, if they weren't, the millions of people using magpul grips would be having trouble

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    Went and put about 60 rounds through it today, and she works great. Whole build process was easier than I thought. I got a tool off amazon to install the pivot pin and for a $8 piece of red plastic it was awesome. I will definitely be doing this again, probably upgrade a lot of the parts next time, I just went with the cheap stuff this time because if I F’d something up it wouldn’t be too bad. Actually pretty proud of myself. I didn’t plan on building it yesterday, but I had an hour or so and I thought I would get a few of the easy things done, and next thing you know it’s done! Still not sure about building an upper, seems like you may need a few more specialized tools for that.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Went and put about 60 rounds through it today, and she works great. Whole build process was easier than I thought. I got a tool off amazon to install the pivot pin and for a $8 piece of red plastic it was awesome. I will definitely be doing this again, probably upgrade a lot of the parts next time, I just went with the cheap stuff this time because if I F’d something up it wouldn’t be too bad. Actually pretty proud of myself. I didn’t plan on building it yesterday, but I had an hour or so and I thought I would get a few of the easy things done, and next thing you know it’s done! Still not sure about building an upper, seems like you may need a few more specialized tools for that.

Only things you need are a vise, ft/lbs torque wrench, and a barrel nut wrench that works with whatever handguard you plan on using. Some handguards might not come with a wrench, so be sure to check.

I'd also get a small container of aeroshell 33ms, other than that, you don't need anything other than basic stuff like punches or allen wrenches

Top Bottom