• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I bought a 357 a couple of weeks ago in a FTF. I called SAPD Property Crimes division and gave them the SN. They said it had not been reported stolen on both a state and national level.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    A call to the local PD will usually yield some kind of results. I know APD has transaction slips from the local gun shops for any used guns they buy.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Interesting. My local PD won't help you at all unless you allow them to come onto your property and physically handle said questionable firearm. They are much easier to confiscate this way in case they do turn up stolen.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Interesting. My local PD won't help you at all unless you allow them to come onto your property and physically handle said questionable firearm. They are much easier to confiscate this way in case they do turn up stolen.
    As well they should be confiscated if they are stolen. there is someone, somewhere who is the rightful owner of that gun and deserves to get it back.

Zombie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Brownwood/El Paso
    As well they should be confiscated if they are stolen. there is someone, somewhere who is the rightful owner of that gun and deserves to get it back.

I tend to partially agree, what about when the new gun owner who HOPEFULLY bought it with no knowledge of it being illegal. Now he has to turn it over, and he has been out money just to buy this weapon and return to owner.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    There are a couple of sites that I know of. One is stolengunz.com (I think I have it right) hot guns has already been mentioned. There was a site that was specific to Florida a couple of years back. I do not know if it is still active.

I have contacted the NRA twice to see if they would start a national data base of the serial numbers, so far I got a nice letter and no action.

Perhaps if several members of the NRA contacted them we might get some interest.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    I tend to partially agree, what about when the new gun owner who HOPEFULLY bought it with no knowledge of it being illegal. Now he has to turn it over, and he has been out money just to buy this weapon and return to owner.

Previous "owner" then pursues seller of stolen goods in small claims court. (At which point the "seller" does not show up and gets a judgement against him, which he'll never pay). So yeah. It sucks. Buyer beware...

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I called PD while sitting in front of the seller. If it had been stolen, I wouldn't have purchased and would have had PD contact this guy as I wrote down his license plate number when he pulled up.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Just don't forget that SAPD property crimes division doesn't work weekends. At least that's what they told me when I found my stolen gps on Craigslist and I called to report it.

W

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I also know of people getting busted for buying stolen property they had no idea was stolen. Met a guy who got 6 months and a felony conviction for buying a lawnmower this way.

Top Bottom