• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Anyone have the pulsar talion QX35 Pro?
    looking to get a thermal for 20 to 150 yards, but mostly under 100 yards.
    please let me know if you have this unit or it’s predecessor the QX38, and your impressions.
    thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Well, while both scopes have 35 in the name and are thermals, that is where the similarities stop. The Pulsar is 384 resolution and the Iray is 640 resolution. The Iray is going to be quite a bit more expensive.

The Pulsar is going to be fine inside 150 yards for hogs and coyotes. If you are wanting to shoot rats and mice at those distances, you might have some trouble with those at 150 yards.

No, I don't have one. I have run Pulsar scopes in 384 and 640 resolution and am familiar with the basic capabilities. 384s (with less thermal sensitivity and larger micron size, both of which are worse traits) of 10 years ago were performing at comparable distances just fine and Pulsar's at that resolution were good from the onset. The technology and image quality of today has improved, so you should be just fine.

The only problem you may have is getting a clear focus at 20 yards. I don't think 20 yards will be too close, but I have run across a couple thermal rifle scopes over the years that didn't want to focus that close, though the image was just less sharp and was still usable.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Well, while both scopes have 35 in the name and are thermals, that is where the similarities stop. The Pulsar is 384 resolution and the Iray is 640 resolution. The Iray is going to be quite a bit more expensive.

The Pulsar is going to be fine inside 150 yards for hogs and coyotes. If you are wanting to shoot rats and mice at those distances, you might have some trouble with those at 150 yards.

No, I don't have one. I have run Pulsar scopes in 384 and 640 resolution and am familiar with the basic capabilities. 384s (with less thermal sensitivity and larger micron size, both of which are worse traits) of 10 years ago were performing at comparable distances just fine and Pulsar's at that resolution were good from the onset. The technology and image quality of today has improved, so you should be just fine.

The only problem you may have is getting a clear focus at 20 yards. I don't think 20 yards will be too close, but I have run across a couple thermal rifle scopes over the years that didn't want to focus that close, though the image was just less sharp and was still usable.
    Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom