• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • decadude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Denton, TX
    I promise I am not trying to stir the pot and create a political debate on this thread; however, I bet it could be inevitable. I read so many confusing post about this online on various forums and just online articles all are conflicting and confusing to no end.

For a non LE or Military purchase what are the possible avenues for a civilian to legally own a glock 18 ??
    Lynx Defense

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    There are very few transferable glock 18's in this world. It would be easier and cheaper to become a class 3 dealer and sot and purchase a dealer sample, by a LOT. You can always put an add out on Sturmgewehr nfa forums stating you wish to buy a transferable. good luck though

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I'm not even sure there are any transferable glock 18's. Only 18's I've seen are dealer samples. Had a guy try to sell me a converted 17 once.

decadude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Denton, TX
    what about registering a sear that can go on a glock 17 is this legal i have read maybe so all these laws surrounding class III items makes things confusing, lol

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    what about registering a sear that can go on a glock 17 is this legal i have read maybe so all these laws surrounding class III items makes things confusing, lol

NO NEW CIVILIAN MACHINES GUNS AFTER 1986, this also means you can't covert guns made before 1986 to full auto either. By sticking an auto sear in a glock 17 you are manufacturing a machine gun that can not be registered because the registry has been closed permanently. Look up the control act of 1986 and it will answer your questions.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Just out of curiosity why do you want one?

Other than wasting ammo, showing off, or mowing down a small crowd of pissed off teenagers they really aren't good for anything. They aren't the easiest to control even with a stock.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Just out of curiosity why do you want one?

Other than wasting ammo, showing off, or mowing down a small crowd of pissed teenagers they really aren't good for anything. They aren't the easiest to control even with a stock.

I think you answered your own question.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Move to Somalia and trade 2 chickens and a pack of American cigarettes for one. You won't be owning one in the USA.

There are 0 pre-1986 Glock 18s in the registry. The closest you will get to one is probably a Beretta 93R, of which there are *6* in the registry. Be prepared to pay close to $100,000 for one, they were selling for around $25,000 ten years ago.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom