• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I guess I'm just old enough to not really care if someone opens a Vegan Bar B Que joint anywhere. My chef buddy was married to a bark eater. When they came over I made her things for her vegetarian lifestyle, and I came up with some pretty good salads. Most successful restaurants offer a vegetarian/vegan meal.

After having a bone poke a hole splinter in my intestines & went meatless for a few years. I also did not eat raw oyster for a very long time after getting sick on them. I can think of several cuisine that I have ate and enjoyed meatless meals.

I doubt I will be checking it out simply because where its located. I would check it out if it was reasonably priced, the food was good & I didn't have to sit thru someone political views, and it was close by.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I guess I'm just old enough to not really care if someone opens a Vegan Bar B Que joint anywhere...

The biggest problem I usually have with vegans is the holier-than-thou attitude as they try to make meals off of side dishes...

But here's a major point I agree with you wholeheartedly on. Even though the actual meat dishes it turns out they have actually sound pretty decent, the whole thing exists because of politics and the left's oppression fetish and you know there will be no escaping it if you were to try to patronize the place.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    saw in a leftist rag (garden and guns) in a drs office a long article that three "people", a tranny, a girl named chuck used to be named terry, and one other god knows what are opening up a b b q joint in Lockhart specializing in vegan sausage and "vegan hot guts". whatever the hell that is. vegan menudo? says their grand opening gonna be launched by a queer dance troupe from austin (no surprise there). wife said she saw an ad for it on facebook. i'm sure aaron franklin is shaking in his boots from the competition. Their T shirts say BARB B QUE. It will be called THE BARBS
    Terry Black is shaking, er, shuddering, uhhh, yeah, fuckit, no one in the Lockhart bbq mafia give a double headed shit. I am sure they will do a booming business. Really. For real.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The biggest problem I usually have with vegans is the holier-than-thou attitude as they try to make meals off of side dishes...
    Most asian restaurants offer meats or a tofu replacement in most recipes. I like
    Pad Thai and have ate it with no meat or eggs an still are it & enjoyed it. I actually thing many chefs will try this place to see what they can steal away from it. I'm no chef, but that one reason I would check it out.
    But here's a major point I agree with you wholeheartedly on. Even though the actual meat dishes it turns out they have actually sound pretty decent, the whole thing exists because of politics and the left's oppression fetish and you know there will be no escaping it if you were to try to patronize the place.
    The whole thing exist to be profitable, or it won't exist very long.

I like trying new things & getting new ideas. I am not so closed minded that I fear eating at a place like this. Matter of fact I have ate at a number of place only because I was well armed.

I for one did not get to my size & weight eat crap at McDonald's, yet billions of people eat it every day. I remember the early days of McDonald's when it was actually a decent place to eat. Now I avoid it knowing it's over processed & over engineered to get people to come back.

Top Bottom