• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can a non-LEO purchase a handgun in their store?

I've "heard" that as long as it is not a LEO-type issue weapon, a civilian can. Is that correct or not?

I'm looking for a Kahr .45, and don't believe those are ussued by any kind of law enforcement agency.
    Hurley's Gold

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's correct. As far as I remember, there are certain brands they won't sell to non LEO/Mil/First responders. I believe these are S&W, Springfield, Colt, Glock, Sig Sauer, and one or 2 others. They usually have lots of used stuff there that they will sell though.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I know Ruger, S&W and Kahr are available to anyone. Glock, Sig, Springfield and others are not. All used guns are available to anyone. Their website tells beside each gun if they are restricted. If it doesn't say, it isn't.

Chickenwing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Central Texas
    GT is selling Glock to civilians now. You don't get the LEO/Dept price but I wanna say it is around $525 for your standard models. Sig etc. are still off limits though.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Heres the listing of what they do and don't sell to civilians.

GLOCK Sales from our Texas Store: Due to our contract with Glock the following Texas and Oklahoma customers can purchase Glock pistols from GT:

• [SIZE=-1]Law Enforcement and Correction Officers, Cadets, and Agencies [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Licensed Security Officers or Agencies [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Military Personnel-active duty, retired, and reserve [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EMS Personnel [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Fire Personnel [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]TSA Personnel [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Commercial Pilots [/SIZE]
    GLOCK Sales from our Georgia Store:[SIZE=-1] Sales in our Georgia location are restricted to individuals meeting the above criteria (no agencies) and must be picked up over the counter.[/SIZE]
    Sales of Sig Sauer, Springfield, Ruger and Smith & Wesson weapons[SIZE=-1] are limited to Law enforcement and Military personnel. [/SIZE]

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    A glock 19 or 26 was $519, and I think anything else is what the site says it is. When I was in there last week, they were helping a civilian purchaser fill out the paperwork (G-something club that offers near law enforcement pricing) and honored it on the spot.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    A glock 19 or 26 was $519, and I think anything else is what the site says it is. When I was in there last week, they were helping a civilian purchaser fill out the paperwork (G-something club that offers near law enforcement pricing) and honored it on the spot.
    I believe that if you join the GSSF (Glock Shooting Sports Foundation) you can buy 1 glock a year at a discount....I dont stay up on GSSF stuff anymore

SDC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Burnet
    GT's is having Glocktoberfest next weekend. Not sure if open to the public on sale stuff or not. Check their website. GT Distributors

Ishtacka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Dickinson, Tx
    GT is a great place for used arms. As the salesman said to me when I bought my stripped lower 2 weeks ago, they have a ton of deals on Gen3 Glocks. Departments are trading them in for Gen4s. I think there were some Gen2s somewhere north of $200. Don't quote me on that though. They might have been snatched up during Glocktoberfest.

GT=+1

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I bought 2 Glocks from GT. The 1st was a 23 at $398 and then my 17 at $425. You can only get one per year at that price if your a GSSF member for only $35 per year. Takes about 6 weeks to get the packet. The money you save can buy a lot of ammo.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I dropped by today for some BenchMade knife deals. The place was crazy busy...I wonder if it is always like that(3PM Friday). They have some nice GWP deals on boots, lights, apparel, firearms, darned near every category.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom