purple people eater.jpg
      34.7 KB · Views: 17

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Signs were adequate for many years, but became problematic because people started ripping off the signs. They - or, oftentimes, the next guy - didn't know the property was Posted (because it no longer was) so trespassing was hard to enforce and prosecute.
    For example, in the '90s (before the purple paint law), I lived near Carter's Country, there were thousands of acres of woods nearby where NO TRESPASSING signs were posted over 20' in the air (and outside people's field of vision) because if they were posted at a normal height they disappeared. The purple paint rule made things easier for the landowners and cops to enforce the law.

Eli

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Signs were adequate for many years, but became problematic because people started ripping off the signs. They - or, oftentimes, the next guy - didn't know the property was Posted (because it no longer was) so trespassing was hard to enforce and prosecute.
    For example, in the '90s (before the purple paint law), I lived near Carter's Country, there were thousands of acres of woods nearby where NO TRESPASSING signs were posted over 20' in the air (and outside people's field of vision) because if they were posted at a normal height they disappeared. The purple paint rule made things easier for the landowners and cops to enforce the law.

Eli
    Good point. Thanks for the info.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can find some literature about how the purple painting became a thing and why purple. I briefly looked last night, but all I could find is what it means. I wanna know the origins.

Thanks

Texas Parks and Wildlife should have it on their website somewhere.

They teach it as part of the Hunters Education Program.

At least they did last time I attended one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom