• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    That provision is actually a pretty standard part of the TAA boilerplate lease. I have the same provision in my lease in Austin. As several people pointed out, the key phrase is the part about "in a way that will alarm other tenants, roommates," etc. And, if you were doing something that caused alarm to somebody, then you might also have to break the state laws about brandishing, etc, before you reached that level.

Having said that, I don't advertise that I have guns in the apartment, and don't leave them lying around where just anybody and everybody can see them. To me that is only common sense and helps to keep our local burglers from knowing that I have stuff worth stealing. When I carry them from home to car, I make sure that they are in a case or range bag. By the way, I own several, but I am not going to say just how many. It is nobody else's business so long as I possess and use them lawfully.
    Venture Surplus ad

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    My personal technique in a number of rented domiciles (including one my parents owned), I figured the management doesn't need to know anything other than the rent is getting deposited on time. As long as you don't draw attention to yourself, they won't likely care(except for my parents. They said no guns in their rental property, I bought them anyway and didn't tell them. They'd be pissed)

I would definitely advise hiding them, though. Most apartment complexes reserve the right to enter your unit for various maintenance issues. A common one is pest control.

Top Bottom