Question for any "gun guru" out there??

terry.hatcher

Apr 26, 2009
killeen tx
ok i have a Rohm Rg 10 with the serial number xx9873 and it has the german eagle stamped in several places. I have done a little research of my own and have found out that it might be the worst gun ever made, dont worry i am never going to even put a bullet in it. I had to take it from my grandmother couple months back cause she is 85 and is not all there anymore and i dont want her shooting the mailman. anyways what i would like to know is about when was this gun made and any intresting facts about it. thanks

Charley

Aug 7, 2008
San Antonio
RG Industries of Florida imported parts from Rohm in Germany to produce those, getting around import restrictions. Rohm had exported lots of their cheapies prior to GCA '68, many sold by mail order, and often costing in the $10.00 range.

RG went bust in the mid '80s.

Quality ranged from not great to awful. Some of the .22s I've seen had serious timing issues, and spit lead like rednecks spit tobacco juice.

John Hinckly Jr.'s attempt on President Regan's life was with an RG.

pawncop

Aug 11, 2008
TEXAS
Not a whole lot of study on this class of handgun, as they are not highly thought of.

Waaaaay back I owned one, my friend Tom told me to get rid of it because (supposedly) the barrel fell off of his while shooting it. Tom did sorta stretch the truth back then but only when he was drunk or sober.

I do recall it was LOUD!!! Sold it in 1979 for $10.00 to a guy from New Mexico.

Pretty much this was an example of a Saturday Night Special.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
I seen first hand an RG .38 snub nose that was a great shooting pistol, but for the most part they aint nothing but a throw down.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads