Guns International

Question for the younger folks: WTF did I just see?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm right behind you there. Thank goodness for urban dictionary. Otherwise I wouldn't know what half these terms or abbreviations are.

But just to make it interesting, if everyone had to pick one for their daughter to date, would it be this post hipster type or the sagging britches type?

If you have to choose, you need more acreage.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    My girls have brought home a few. They were terrified of me. IMO, for no apparent reason. I was nice to them, engaged them in conversation and talked to them about guns. My guns. That I love to shoot.

I think the no strong male role model may be accurate. I find it amusing that my girls don't take them very serious. "There aren't guys like you anymore dad."

Well, none that spend all day at Starbucks.

My 16 year old brought one to the house wearing those dang skinny jeans and some pair of gay shoes called Sperrys? I asked him why he was wearing girls jeans. He never came back.......she says she will never be able to keep a boyfriend. My plan exactly.

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    That dude is going to be the next SF operator or Force Recon. Yea right on video games. He'll be that dude that's going to be taking your blood while your in the hospital.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The other current hipster trend is to not wash your jeans, just put them in the freezer to kill odor causing germs.

I guess the assumption is you don't actually do any work and get them dirty.

That's not just hipsters, that's for anyone who wants to keep their "nice jeans" around longer. My jeans don't automatically have the right to be worn during work. They have to earn it, through months or years of dedication and light use. Once they start to show their age, they will be promoted to "work jeans" and enjoy serious amounts of blood, crap, grease, and sweat. But my side of that obligation is that I need to do what I can to give them a fair shot at earning that title. Sure, some of them earn a field promotion out of necessity, but most have to put in their time.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    My 16 year old brought one to the house wearing those dang skinny jeans and some pair of gay shoes called Sperrys? I asked him why he was wearing girls jeans. He never came back.......she says she will never be able to keep a boyfriend. My plan exactly.

When my daughter was in school, she brought home a boy who wore his jeans low enough I could see the top 3" of his boxers. I didn't say a word to him. At all. I just sat and stared at him the whole time. When my daughter got up and went to the kitchen later, I got up and went in there too. I told her to tell that boy to pull his britches up or I was going to pull them up for him.

I then waited in the kitchen for a minute so she had time to relay the message. When I returned, he had excused himself to the bathroom and when he came out, he had his pants up and his belt cinched so tight his face was turning colors.

That was about 10 years ago and that boy is my son in law today. He turned out not so bad, so I try not to judge, but I still just stare at the ones who don't seem right without speaking to them.

Sushi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2014
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I really dislike trends, and the trendy people that feel the need to assimilate to them. It's indicative of a weak personality. Because I don't care how you cut it, it's impossible for a man to wear skin tight jeans and be comfortable. No freakin way.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Those are their idiot/HIV uniforms. Wearing one announces to the world, "Hey, I'm an idiot/HIV victim/both! Look at meeeeeeeee!!!"

They're doing misanthropists like me a favor. Hell forbid they wear respectable looking clothes and fool me into actually having a conversation with them.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Yea, I got on an elevator one time in Austin I think it was and this guy gets on. He got long stringy hair, all kinds of metal stuck in his face and ears. He hand high topped black sneakers, looked like orange and purple leather socks, skin tight jeans and the legs were stripped yellow and green and some kind of tie dyed looking t shirt.

He was the last on the elevator and there were some others in suits. I am in my normal day wear of Cowboy boots, hat, jeans and shirt. He catches me looking at him and sez: 'what the hell are you looking at POPS'

I reply: I was down in Mexico about 25 years ago in my younger day and got all drunked up on Tequila and my buddies said I screwed a Parrot and I am just kind of wondering any chance you are my son????

Top Bottom