• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Distinguished viewers, I have a questions for y'all...need some advice.

I recently bought an M&P 9mm Pro and absolutely love this gun. I shot better with it than either of my Glocks or XDs...better than anything other than a big 'ole fat CZ. Now I am thinking of buying a M&P compact 9mm for CHL use.

Currently I carry either a G23 or KT PF9 for CHL (My HD weapon is a XD .45). I bought a G36 for CHL but she sees more time in the drawer than on my side (I like shooting the G23 much better).

Would it be a silly thing if I wanted to either sell the G36 and/or trade for a M&Pc 9mm??? I have plenty invested in the G36 (trigger, sights, mags, holsters) but don't really want more guns in the house that I am not shooting (I know, sounds odd to many of you!). Funds are pretty limited for another $500 gun purchase - just background as to why I don't fork out cash for a new one :)

Any opinion on the M&Pc 9mm? Does this make sense? Am I crazy???
    Venture Surplus ad

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    My first M&P was the pro9 I loved it but sold it to get a carry gun then G19 now Kahr pm9 I also had a M&P9c very different from the pro I think it was a little bit trigger and a little bit sight radius.Anyway I liked the pro much better if you get a chance shoot the compact first.

txfireguy2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Temple
    I bought my lady an M&P9c a couple of years ago and danged if I didn't like it better than my Glock 27. It's a nice weapon IMO. NOW, as to whether or not your idea to unload your G36 in order to purchase an M&P....well, the only person who can tell you that is you. I like the grip better on the S&W, especially since it has the interchangable backstraps, I think it's easier to conceal, but only marginally, over all, I just like it better. But only YOU can decide which you like better. As far as 9mm vs .45ACP, well, we all know that .45 is bigger and bigger is better in most cases, but there is nothing wrong with 9mm IMO, and that comes from a guy to carries a full size 1911 in .45ACP because I can. 9mm with good modern self defense ammo is certainly a force to be reconned with, and when you add the fact that it carries twice the round count of a similar sized .45 and in a small frame weapon is much more controllable on the recoil end, I think it's a good choice, but again, only you can make that decision.

Top Bottom