• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wgsigs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    DFW
    I'm not a lawyer, but I think the fact that it's California is irrelevant. Once you start "gifting" across state (any state) lines, then federal laws apply to the transfer of that gun regardless if it is a sale, gift, or trade. I think Bullseye Shooter is correct that the gun would have to go through an FFL in CA subject to whatever additional restrictions CA might add.
    DK Firearms

PapaJ08

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Dallas
    Well, I was specifying a handgun in particular. I got plenty of long guns but i was lookin to get a handgun. So technically if he bought me one and it was in my car or in my house thered have to be some sort of written document with it for me to own it? and I cant buy ammo for it either because im not 21? If the handgun is in my trunk and its unloaded but there is a clip with ammunition in the trunk do I need some sort of written document that says he bought the ammo for me and gifted that as well? does anyone really know for sure or would I be better off just asking a cop at the municipal building in my town?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well, I was specifying a handgun in particular. I got plenty of long guns but i was lookin to get a handgun. So technically if he bought me one and it was in my car or in my house thered have to be some sort of written document with it for me to own it? and I cant buy ammo for it either because im not 21? If the handgun is in my trunk and its unloaded but there is a clip with ammunition in the trunk do I need some sort of written document that says he bought the ammo for me and gifted that as well? does anyone really know for sure or would I be better off just asking a cop at the municipal building in my town?

You don't need jack as you are over 17. You need nothing in writing for your car or home. And yes, I know for sure

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

edit: I'll let TXI

Top Bottom