Question on the "unlicensed possession. . . . sign.

Texas42

TGT Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Texas
I was in Chacho's in San antonio a while back and I noticed a "the unlicensed possession of a firearm is a felonly. . . . . sign. I've always though of Chacho's as a part time bar. Alot of good food, but it gets pretty club-esk at night. I havn't carried in there because I've thought it might be a 51% place.

The question is that if they have this sign, does it mean that it would be legal to carry in there? Or is there no requirements for what signs they do and do not post?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
I was in Chacho's in San antonio a while back and I noticed a "the unlicensed possession of a firearm is a felonly. . . . . sign. I've always though of Chacho's as a part time bar. Alot of good food, but it gets pretty club-esk at night. I havn't carried in there because I've thought it might be a 51% place.

The question is that if they have this sign, does it mean that it would be legal to carry in there? Or is there no requirements for what signs they do and do not post?
The unlicensed possession sign is for non-51% places. That should mean that it is not a 51% place. Next time you are there, find their actual TABC license inside on the wall. It will read either

sign=blue

or

sign=red

blue means non-51% and red means 51%, as determined by the TABC.

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
txinvestigator said:
sign=blue

or

sign=red

blue means non-51% and red means 51%, as determined by the TABC.
Thanks, I never knew that....good to know. There's a pool hall here in Amarillo I go to and have never seen a 51% sign. I haven't carried in there just in case but now I'll know for sure.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
You can also see them in most of the H.E.B.'s and Walmart and random gas stations.
The sign he's talking about is a sign required by the TABC for non-51% establishments with on premise consumption. I'm not sure how they differ though, if they do differ, from the retailers that sell and have a similar, maybe the same requirement.

So that doesn't help at all does it.

lonewolf23c

Oct 2, 2008
Idaho
In my state if your in a bar and you consume an alcoholic beverage (ok well enough to be intoxicated) and your caught with a concealed firearm its a felony. Its a law in my state that if your in a bar drinking you are not to have a weapon, concealed or open carry either one.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
In my state if your in a bar and you consume an alcoholic beverage (ok well enough to be intoxicated) and your caught with a concealed firearm its a felony. Its a law in my state that if your in a bar drinking you are not to have a weapon, concealed or open carry either one.
Texas defines bar, and only places that meet the definition are off limits.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
Texas defines bar, and only places that meet the definition are off limits.
And if I am not mistaken, Texas does not define intoxication for CHL holders while carrying. Alcohol consumption plus gun = felony, no matter what your BAC is. Right?

45tex

TGT Addict
Feb 1, 2009
Alcohol consumption plus gun = Felony Stupid, if nothing else.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members