• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    Tell him you sold them, give him the money he needs. And on Fathers Day give him one back, then another on Christmas, and another on his birthday, and the rest on any day you can. Family takes care of family.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Sell the guns and then go buy that rifle. Doesn't the store accept cash as well as trades?

Yep....screw grandpa, go trade them for the rifle you want, instead of the money he needs....needed....or whatever the thing is now, lol.

cool_story_bro.gif

Lol

FlashBang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Bastrop TX
    You guys are some cheap buggers.... I'll give $100 for all 6 of them in a package deal. After all, only 5 of them are in never fired condition.
    I guess Gramps just liked buying 'em, not shooting 'em.

The more I read it, the more this story is looking like a pair of favorite socks.... full of holes and stinking....

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Here is the few that I'd like to sell:

Marlin 1895 M 450 Marlin Cal. Straight grip stock, swivel studs, hooded front/adj. buckhorn folding rear sights, ported barrel, Never Fired.

Remington Baikal .308 Win, Single shot break open, twist barrel, Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 scope, Never Fired.

Ruger #1 270 Cal Varminter Model 24" barrel, no sights, integrated scope mounts, Used.

Ruger #1 7mm Rem Mag Special Anniv Model, stainless barrel, laminate stock, tasco world class 3x9x40 scope, Never Fired.

Ruger #1 300 Win Mag Light Sporter Model, front bead/adj. rear sights, sling swivels, Never Fired.

Ruger #1 45/70 Govt. Light Sporter Model, front bead/adj. rear sights, sling swivels, Never Fired.

If you are legit and want to sell these, send me a PM. I would like to see pics of the Marlin 1895M. I've been looking for one in 450 Marlin. If everything is straight up, I'll meet you half way for a face to face sale.

I'll need to see pics of the serial number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Yep....screw grandpa, go trade them for the rifle you want, instead of the money he needs....needed....or whatever the thing is now, lol.

Huh? I'm not going to assume he can afford to give his grandpa that money and then give the rifles back to him. If he can afford to do that, obviously that would be the best course of action. Trading to a gun store is just stupid however.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Huh? I'm not going to assume he can afford to give his grandpa that money and then give the rifles back to him. If he can afford to do that, obviously that would be the best course of action. Trading to a gun store is just stupid however.

Sorry B, it was directed to the OP in sarcasm....I was piggy backing on your comment. With his story of helping grandpa, but then later wanting to trade a rifle for another that he liked at the gun shop....going against the whole concept of helping out gramps.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Sorry B, it was directed to the OP in sarcasm....I was piggy backing on your comment. With his story of helping grandpa, but then later wanting to trade a rifle for another that he liked at the gun show....going against the whole concept of helping out gramps.

OK I gotcha. Agree he should help gramps if he can.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Now....will YOU say what YOU did to MY face? I travel into your area from time to time, so I'd even make it convenient for ya....

OK....this is a new low.

I know TXR, met him and like the heck out of him. He is a good natured BIG guy and it takes a lot to pull his chain. I have never heard him offer to take it outside before and I strongly suggest that you take your fingers off the keyboard and back off. You have gone too far and for this forum and antagonizing a senior member is not going to go down well.

If the ban hammer doesn't get you, then "G" is gonna tune you up. Now please.....get off of it and let's get along!

Re: the OP.
    My BS detector is running off the scale and I walked off. Maybe the story is true. Maybe not but my gut instinct says there is something wrong, here. Of course, the guns turn out to be premium, desirable pieces which runs the BS detector even higher. Please step back, take a breath and let's dig out the truth........or walk away like I did.

This reminds me of the $150 Chevy Corvette stories that circulate regularly. No one is going to pull my chain over a story.

Flash

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I am going to take him at his word and even if he is yanking our chains what is the harm? A few years ago a friend passed away and I bought most of his guns from his widow because I felt I could do better by her then anyone else she knows. There is a line between private sales and being in the gun business and one will get you in trouble if you don't have a license. Consignment sale through local gun shops as long as the fee is a fair one is my opinion of the best way to go. My friends widow netted about $12000, the Gun Shop made a fair commission, I got a couple of free guns for my trouble and everyone obeyed all laws.

Top Bottom