• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I figure I can't be the only person on this forum who has quit or is trying to quit smoking so I figured I would start a moral support thread since quitting cigarettes is much harder than damn near anything out there.

I've smoked for almost 15 years now with a one year break. So far I haven't had a smoke now for 4 days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Venture Surplus ad

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I feel a hell of allot better this time around since my step dad quit almost a year ago now (I hate to blame him but it was his cigarettes I stole as a teenager because they smell good to me).

fgarcia3441

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SA (Sea World Area)
    I quit cigarette smoking cold turkey on January 1st this year. I had been smoking for 25 years, a pack every 2 to 3 days average. I bought some of the Nicorete gun, but that thing taste nasty (like licking an ashtray),1 box was enough and didn't even finished it.

I used to get urges of smoking while driving, but little by little they faded away.

Only advice I can give is take one step at a time and don't buy cigarette is easier to fall back if they are near.

Sent from my Tandy 1000 using Tapatalk 2 with Magnetic tape technology

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I quit cigarette smoking cold turkey on January 1st this year. I had been smoking for 25 years, a pack every 2 to 3 days average. I bought some of the Nicorete gun, but that thing taste nasty (like licking an ashtray),1 box was enough and didn't even finished it.

I used to get urges of smoking while driving, but little by little they faded away.

Only advice I can give is take one step at a time and don't buy cigarette is easier to fall back if they are near.

Sent from my Tandy 1000 using Tapatalk 2 with Magnetic tape technology

For me it was the other way around, the times i tried to quit and either threw away the rest of my smokes or tried to quit after finishing what i had left i always started again. But the time i quit for good i had a pack that i had only smoked one cigarette out of, i threw the rest of the pack on the dresser and it stayed there for 2 months until i no longer had the urge to grab it.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    CONGRATULATIONS to all above.. yeah former smoker here as well..

six years smoke free.. would have been 30 plus, but when i met my wife she was a smoker, and it took like 10 min to get me hooked again. loved the morning coffee and cig.. but if you do one thing good for yourself.. stop smoking !!... (you hear me pard!)

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    My last cigarette was Satirday before the Superbowl 2011. But y'all all got me beat. Two packs every day including that Sat. USPS delivered my electric and I got busy charging batteries. Plan was to wean myself by reducing nicotine content and I did for awhile. When I started getting medical opinions that the nicotine is no worse than caffiene in coffee ... the writing was on the wall.

I carry batteries and backups and backups for my backups - waiting for a battery to charge while I'm feeling the urge sucks. But sitting in a smoke free restaurant surrounded by smokers when the weather is at an extreme is just ... well, just fun. Nicest part of the switch is that the gnawing urge is much more bearable - I'm no longer knocking little pld ladies over when I have to sit through all day meetings without a break. If I'm busy, I might work several hours before bothering to swap the battery for the fully charged battery in my pocket - much improved from hanging ancigarette out of my mouth and forgetting to ash.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Not a smoker, but I came in to offer my support to you guys. One day at a time. You only have to not smoke today.

+1....Not a smoker as well. Although I like a good cigar at deer camp, once in a while. Hang in there and good luck!
    My bad habit is beer.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Been using an ecig for about 9 months or so now. It is awesome. If you try the ones in the gas station, they are not good representations of a GOOD one that costs more money. Good luck to everyone
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/off-topic-chat/38711-stop-smoking-thread.html

I wish the ecigs actually worked for me. Unfortunately I'm most addicted to the feeling of real smoke in my lungs. All the ecigs just make me feel like I have my face in front of the dishwasher. Ecigs are a bit of a hassle for me to keep up with too. I know I can do this cold turkey though.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    CONGRATULATIONS to all above.. yeah former smoker here as well..

six years smoke free.. would have been 30 plus, but when i met my wife she was a smoker, and it took like 10 min to get me hooked again. loved the morning coffee and cig.. but if you do one thing good for yourself.. stop smoking !!... (you hear me pard!)

Also an evening bourbon and a smoke was glorious

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I quit the beginning of last November after smoking 1-2 packs a day for 40 years. I had tried several times in the past but I always failed, I think because I was always around people who smoked. Thankfully this time I'm not around smokers. I still have a craving for them but it's not as strong as I thought it would be.

I did it cold turkey and things were not as bad as I'd thought they'd be but if anyone were to offer me one I'd probably accept it.

Top Bottom