• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    They claim to be 1 Shot killers.. well they better be if anyone actually buys them for defensive ammo, because I can't imagine them feeding very well.

Shows at certain points them shooting it, but don't know how it will function well with other firearms aside from those shown.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    you know, if they could make it so it held together for 6 inches, then fragmented, they may have something interesting.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I'll hold judgement 'til we see actual, unbiased, proper testing. If they hold up to the manufacturer's claims, then great. If not, then it wouldn't be the first time, probably won't be the last time that something flopped horribly.

I just know I'm kinda mad that someone decided these would be a good mod to make for a game I play, and that the version he/she cooked up is even more BS-laden than the real thing.

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Why don't you get some of the bullets Lehigh Defense makes. You can see them on Youtube they are actually made. The petals spread twice the size of the caliber.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    While the R.I.P. round has yet to be proven on the street, I applaud companies that think outside the box to bring us new and innovative products. Can you imagine the state of firearms today had not Eugene Stoner try something different?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    While the R.I.P. round has yet to be proven on the street, I applaud companies that think outside the box to bring us new and innovative products. Can you imagine the state of firearms today had not Eugene Stoner try something different?

Yep.
    I ain't gonna run out and buy a box of these, but with some tweaking, there may be a new standard.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Looks like they just machined slots in them with no engineering thought behind them.
    I wouldn't shoot them through my gun, I'd be afraid it'd tumble before it went 3" down the barrel.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Looks like they just machined slots in them with no engineering thought behind them.
    I wouldn't shoot them through my gun, I'd be afraid it'd tumble before it went 3" down the barrel.

It's nice to see you take some time away from your vacation to join us peons :p

I agree though. All said and done, I'm happy with my Hornady Critical Defense and in opinion, that's the real "last round you'll ever need."

-TXG-

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It appears from the high speed video that's what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freez

The picture shows that they separate immediately. They may penetrate 6" in gell, which would probably result in them stopping if they hit ANY bone. Not good when shooting at organs protected by a rib cage.

my2e2ade.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It appears from the high speed video that's what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freez

No, it opens up immediately and the fragments go about 6" (just eyeballing it). If the bullet held together 6'' then expanded for another 6 inches, you'll have fragments in the vitals. This way, it looks like most of the fragments would likely be stuck in non-vital areas.

Top Bottom