wbg_landingimage_web.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Back in 2005, just before I left Belgium, 13 surviving members of Easy Company visited Chièvres Air Base and signed copies of Band of Brothers for us. They were truly the greatest generation!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I heard him being interviewed on the radio around the time that Band of Brothers came out. A really interesting guy. He never let his war wounds keep him down. RIP, Wild Bill.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are losing our WW II veterans and many have never had their stories told. My Father, God rest his soul, went through the Pacific campaign in the Marine Corps. He also fought in Korea with Chesty Puller's "bunch." He never talked about either experience and when I'd ask, he'd just give me that "look." A Drill Instructor at both places Marines go for basic training (Parris Island, South Carolina and MCRD [Marine Corps Recruit Depot], San Diego, California) and a total of 30 years of service in the Marine Corps.

Here is my Father at 91, a year before he passed away, in his Marine Corps dress blues (I think I liked the look of the "old" dress uniform better);

105541.jpg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    We are losing our WW II veterans and many have never had their stories told. My Father, God rest his soul, went through the Pacific campaign in the Marine Corps. He also fought in Korea with Chesty Puller's "bunch." He never talked about either experience and when I'd ask, he'd just give me that "look." A Drill Instructor at both places Marines go for basic training (Parris Island, South Carolina and MCRD [Marine Corps Recruit Depot], San Diego, California) and a total of 30 years of service in the Marine Corps.

Here is my Father at 91, a year before he passed away, in his Marine Corps dress blues (I think I liked the look of the "old" dress uniform better);

105541.jpg
    gotta love a gyrene!!!! Salute!!!

Top Bottom