• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Discovered a new beverage this past week and wanted to pass it on.

It's made in San Leon on Galveston Bay. The only FTC Certified Rum 100% Made in the USA on the market, and better yet, made by a fellow Texan. I am no way associated with them, but I did take the tour and am now buying their rum and their tequila like product. They are new, only been doing this for a year or so. The owner/distiller does all the work by hand in her facility. When herself and I took the tour, it was just the 3 of us in the building as we talked as she worked. Very nice lady with a passion for her product. The blue agave product is basically Tequila, but she can't call it that since it's not made in Mexico. Spec's carries it among others, and its' competatively priced with the name brand mass produced bottles out there.

American Rum | American Agave Products | Railean Distillery in San Leon, TX

So next time you are in the mood for some Rum or Tequila, give hers a try. Proud to support a fellow Texan, and a local business.

TexasSmiley.jpg

(If you get a chance to go take a tour, don't forget some of the best local seafood in Texas is in that area. Places like Noah's Ark, Top Water Grill and Gilhooley's)

Top Bottom