Join TexasGunTalk

Randall made delay

Discussion in 'Knives, Tactical Gear, and Survival' started by Coonan357, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Coonan357

Coonan357 Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The Panhandle of Texas
    I was looking forward to receiving my Randall Made knife within the next month when I received a letter in the mail indicating that they were sorry but there would be a six-month delay in filling my order. Oh well, I've waited this long. I can wait a bit longer.

Did I need the knife? No. Did I need a knife that expensive? No.

But I had lived in Orlando for twenty years and had visited the shop on the Trail. I like the look and feel of the knife so I ordered my knife and joined the list.

This will be one of the knives, along with my firearms, that get handed down to the boy when I pass. It is a model 1 with a 7" blade and one or two modifications.

Scott

2. Charlie

Charlie Semi-Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Sounds great (other than the wait). I hear they are one of the best knife makers around.

3. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Randall's are great knives.
    A Model 14 is one of my most prized possessions.

Please post pics of yours when it arrives.

Coonan357 likes this.
  4. Luigimoto

Luigimoto Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Tejas
    A1400D0D-7363-4012-B8D3-0F4E0979F69A.jpeg
    Randall you say? This is mine. I only have one. Wish I could afford more. Please post pics when you get yours.

5. Coonan357

Coonan357 Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The Panhandle of Texas
    Well Carp!
    I called Randall two days ago and was told my knife would be ready November 14th. Heck! That's an eight month delay, not six months as I was originally told.
    Ah well, I just have to wait a bit more.

6. Luigimoto

Luigimoto Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Tejas
    That is unfortunate. I hope the anticipation makes it even better for you when you get it. If you just can’t wait, usually AG Russel knives has some that they will sell for a premium.

7. stickbowcoop

stickbowcoop New Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Springtown TX
    Knife makers are some of the worst for holding deadlines in my opinion. I understand it's a form of artwork for them, but they could almost all use a lesson in time management :) . I hope it's worth the wait.