• robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    that is awesome.

your fav is the huey right?

I loved the Huey. With the doors locked back and doing 120 mph with a unobstructed view is priceless. They were just simple well made machines. All the young bucks and the older pilots loved the new toy the UH-60. They were complicated but with the two GE 700-701 engines you can travel all day at 180mph. We shut one engine down one day as a joke and still doing 160 mph. Of course with these speeds we couldn't have the doors open. You can but your restricted to 130 mph. The photo above of the UH-60 has the ESSS [External Support Suply System] and they really slowed down the Hawk to 135 mph which is only 15 mph than the Huey.
    YouTube - Top Ten Helicopters: UH-60 Black Hawk I admit my first school was the AH-1 Cobra and there is nothing like flying in the front seat. I begged and got to fly the OH-58. They are small and so am I 5'7" 145lbs and it was my favorite to this day. We were shot down in 92 in 15303 which took them 6 months to repair. I was happy they let me ferry it across the country to get a fresh paint job and my Unit sent a UH-60L ESSS to pick me and my buddy up. I have only about 2500 hrs in 4 aircraft. Damn I miss that shit and what was funny they paid me.
    ARJ Defense ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    that sounds freakin' awesome. i dont know if i could even fit in some of those cockpits being 6 ft 6 and 265 lbs on a good day.

always fun to read that stuff - first hand experiance with the stuff i read about as a kid.

Waterguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    Baytown
    I work on water wells for a liven.
    We were out on a call, when we passed these two fellows cleaning out there septic tank, with a small shovel and a bucket.
    Yes there is somebody in the tank.

14717477-984.jpg

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ever see that pic of the septic pump truck that on the back says "We Haul Milk On The Weekends"

lmao

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    I loved the Huey. With the doors locked back and doing 120 mph with a unobstructed view is priceless. They were just simple well made machines. All the young bucks and the older pilots loved the new toy the UH-60. They were complicated but with the two GE 700-701 engines you can travel all day at 180mph. We shut one engine down one day as a joke and still doing 160 mph. Of course with these speeds we couldn't have the doors open. You can but your restricted to 130 mph. The photo above of the UH-60 has the ESSS [External Support Suply System] and they really slowed down the Hawk to 135 mph which is only 15 mph than the Huey.
    YouTube - Top Ten Helicopters: UH-60 Black Hawk I admit my first school was the AH-1 Cobra and there is nothing like flying in the front seat. I begged and got to fly the OH-58. They are small and so am I 5'7" 145lbs and it was my favorite to this day. We were shot down in 92 in 15303 which took them 6 months to repair. I was happy they let me ferry it across the country to get a fresh paint job and my Unit sent a UH-60L ESSS to pick me and my buddy up. I have only about 2500 hrs in 4 aircraft. Damn I miss that shit and what was funny they paid me.

After serving in the 101st, Im scared to death of the "CrashHawk". One we were riding in had a tail rotor gearbox failure. Scariest 45 seconds of my life. As a rider I'd rather be in a Chinook or Huey, I sleep like a baby on those bad boys.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    After serving in the 101st, Im scared to death of the "CrashHawk". One we were riding in had a tail rotor gearbox failure. Scariest 45 seconds of my life. As a rider I'd rather be in a Chinook or Huey, I sleep like a baby on those bad boys.

I like the Huey ... very distinctive sound and a good looking bird. If I ever get rich I plan to park one next to my Super Cobra and my Mi24 Hind.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    Heres whats left of a car bomb that that tried to run our checkpoint on MSR Tampa. We lit him up when he refused to stop and he went boom. Haji had a bad day, no virgins for him.

5851_125552236442_609836442_2971751_6823799_n.jpg

Top Bottom