• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EasyLivin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Horseshoe Bay, TX
    I just found a fairly new range in my area. It is west of Austin. About 8 miles east of Marble Falls. It's called Copperhead Creek

Very nice place (to me anyway). Nice pistol and rifle ranges. They needed many more sand bags. Everything is new!

I believe they also have skeet/trap and archery but that doesn't interest me. Rifle range is only 100 yds but I think they have a seperate 300 yd range too.

I was running low on ammo and found they had decent prices on ammo too.

I went last Sunday and like it so much I went back and got a membership the next day.

If you are in the area you owe it to yourself to check it out.
    DK Firearms

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ^^ what he said.

:)

holster draws, shooting from diffrent postions etc?

EasyLivin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Horseshoe Bay, TX
    I fees are $12/hr. I joined after the first time I went. $260/year gets you a gate pass where you can go anytime!

The place is new and not busy so there isn't an RO always there.

I was told you had to allow 1 second between shots but they do allow double-taps. I have no idea why ranges don't like you do rapid fire. Obviously full-autos arent' allowed.

Holster draws are allowed and encouraged.

As far as firing from different positions: it is pretty much the usual fixed line where you shoot from. You can position the target anywhere you want to though.

Hopefully as people start to discover this place they will maybe get some pistol matches going.

EasyLivin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Horseshoe Bay, TX
    I'm not sure what I said to imply that this range is not safe. To the contrary, it appears to me to be very safe.

My comment about a RO not being around much was because I am usually the only person there!

hard to shoot someone if there isn't anyone there to shoot

Anyway, don't come out. I like the privacy

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Well I'll be, that's located at or near the off-road park .

Copperhead Shooting Club - Marble Falls, Texas

looks like they got firearms fer sale too. might be worth a look I get down that way every two weeks I'll be sure to bring a cup.

Firing Line Occupants
    a. Commands
    i. Cease Firing – Means stop firing immediately and lay your firearm down, hands off.
    ii. HOT range – Means commence firing and range is active.
    iii. COLD range – Means firing line is clear, all firearms are down and it is safe to retrieve targets.
    b. All persons using the shooting range will be of good character. Appropriate dress is required at all times. Please
    remember we are a family orientated facility. Please refrain from spitting tobacco on our concrete slab, use a cup. No
    smoking is permitted on the firing line.
    c. All persons utilizing the range are required to receive and understand and sign our rules, regulations and liability waivers.
    d. A responsible adult must accompany persons under the age of 18 to shoot rifles or pistols. Those persons below the age
    of 21 are not permitted to shoot a handgun unless accompanied by a responsible person 21 or older.
    e. Only one shooter per lane. Spotters may sit behind or beside shooter.
    f. Nobody is permitted in front of the firing line unless as cease fire or COLD range status is given.
    g. Copperhead Creek is not responsible for any items left behind. Be sure you have all of your belongings when you leave
    the range.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Any range that charges by the hour will not get my business.

There are plenty of ranges in the Central/South Texas area that will let you shoot for as long as you want for a fixed price.

Some charge by number of shooters, or number of weapons, but none of those limit your time on the range.

Be well.

EasyLivin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Horseshoe Bay, TX
    i think it is $27 for all day. as long as you want to shoot. they don't limit your time on the range.

the one-time payment yearly membership is a better deal though, since you have unlimited access to the range even when they aren't normally open.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    triggermike11
    Top Bottom