• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I took my new Ruger SR9C to Quail Creek range today. It was flawless as I put 200 rounds downrange. I used the $10 Walmart Federal 9MM ammo. I really like this compact handgun. It really surprised me that it shot so well. I don't know what I expected but I like it. I thought the trigger pull would be long but it is shorter than my XD9SC. I was able to group my shots in a 3 inch circle at 7 yards after I got used to shooting it. The 10 round magazines are barely long enough to get all fingers on it but the one with a pinky extension is really good. It also came with a 17 round mag which is great to hold. The bad part is that the regular 10 round mags cost $40 each. The magazines are stamped SR9 so maybe the mags fit both SR9 and SR9C.
    I like the way it fits in the Kangeroo Sky Marshall holster. The SR9C is not as wide as my XD9SC so it fits under my armpit really well. After shooting I recommend this handgun. I purchased it at Cabelas for $389 tax and all.
    I will try to answer any questions but I am no gun expert. I like the way it fits my hand.
    Target Sports

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Pics of the gun, the gun in the kangaroo holster, and maybe a closeup of how it carries would be really cool. Thanks for the range report and glad you like it.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Jimbo - Thanks for your service and whenever you can, I'd love to see pics of how well the SR9C is working as your CCW. I am sure Leo would too. As for Kyle...well he is better tollerated in small doses!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    hey my man i was just funnin with no disrespect intended

Don't believe him none - you KNOW how them Glock-lovin', commie Swedes are - he MEANT ta disrespect ya! moon.gif

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    No Problem. At my age, I have weathered many storms which keeps me from taking anything personally. This forum has great discussions and I don't think anyone would intentionally show any disrespect to any post.

Top Bottom