• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TX Rhino

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Texas
    Any recommendations on a good range in the Lubbock area......Would like to take my wife and introduce her to firing a pistol. My grown son is also interested in shooting so I would like to find a well run.....yet friendly environement for their first exposure.

J. Fred

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    Devil's Backbone,RR32
    My son goes to Rustic Range quite often. When I go out there to visit him we always go shooting there.
    They have lanes for handguns and for rifles/shotguns. I always enjoy it and meet good folks every time.

It is off the cap rock just northeast of Slaton.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    There were a bunch of guys on here talking about "The Pit" as a place to informally shoot. Might check and see if one of those folks will take you and your family out, could be a relaxed way to introduce them to shooting.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I've never been to Patriot. The people that I know who have gone there, say they don't care for it much. I preferred Rustic Range, and went there quite often. However, Rustic has become incredibly crowded the past few months. I've never had to wait for a lane to shoot my pistols, but I've had to do so recently.

I do recommend Rustic, but advise you try to avoid hours when there are a lot of people. (Saturday & Sunday afternoons)

TX Rhino

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Texas
    Went out to Rustic Range, just outside Lubbock near Slaton, this afternoon. Folks there were very friendly and the range was well run. I was the only shooter on the pistol end of the range......5 or 6 shooting rifles at the other end.

I will be going back.....Price is great and I was pleased that the range is well run and very safe.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom