• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Two female missionaries came by a few weeks ago... [sic]. Seriously, I think those two were the first rude Mormons I've ever met. This new generation, I tell you :laughing:

They've lowered the age requirement by two years of the female missionaries to 19 from 21. So a bit of immaturity isn't surprising but is still disappointing.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    If I have the time, (which I rarely do) I let the mormon's in and we discuss stuff. No reason not to turn the tables on em.

Ideologically I disagree with them. But if you really believe all the world is going to hell. If you don't convert. Then you should be going door to door...

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    There were people going door to door in my neighborhood trying to sell home alarms then a few people's homes were broken into. A few weeks later a guy came by and knocked on my door with an alarm pitch, I told him no, when he got pushy I asked for a card or name badge, and he couldn't provide one. So I informed him that we knew about some break ins in the area and that it was stupid of him to knock on any ones door on my street at the time he did (it was already dark) and passive aggressively threatened him. The last place a criminal will go to for help are the cops. Sometimes it's best to answer and get a read on the person.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I have padlocks on my gates and wooden signs I made which looks like this:

TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT
    (Skull and crossbones)
    AL TRESPASSE TE PEGO UN TIRO

Anyone who comes over that gate is begging for a legal ass-beating at best.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I wish people still made these:

No-preaching.jpg

I will probably end up making my own just for fun.

java

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    here
    If people ignor my no soliciting sign and I don't know them, I have a iron gate about 4 feet in front of the door, I open my door and let my Malinois charge the gate and all you hear is shhhhhhhiiii+ and see them scrample down the drive way.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Had some door to door God salesmen come to the house the other morning. It was around 7am, they were beating on my door and ringing my doorbell like it was going out of style. When i opened the door the only reason i didnt spew a very long string of vulgar speech was that it was a man, wife and 5 children all under the age of 10. And not a single one of them could speak English.

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    ...No reason not to turn the tables on em...

Your success at "turning the tables on them" is going to be directly proportional to your effort in attempting to learn what their actual beliefs are.

...But if you really believe all the world is going to hell. If you don't convert...

Their is no such belief or doctrine, that even comes close to resembling that statement, in the LDS church.

If you would like to learn more, I can arrange a visit from some nice young gentlemen. :p Sorry...couldn't resist.

A little more on topic...I can't believe the amount joy some of you exhibit in describing the rude and, in some cases, violently anti-social behavior towards some of these people. I will grant you, ignoring a no soliciting sign is rude, should not be done and should be dealt with in some way to be corrected...but is acting like a jack-waggon the only way to deal with it? One could easily draw the conclusion that the only reason some of you put up these signs is in the hopes that someone does ignore it and gives you an "excuse" to behave like an ass. Who needs and excuse? If you are going to be an ass, be the best ass you can be without an excuse. As for the rest of us, I'll bet that most of the time there are solutions to these interruptions that both maintain your desired lifestyle without spreading ill-will around. Just a thought.

Top Bottom