DK Firearms

Rant Thread: Small Issues that Piss You Off!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Gets under my skin a bit as well but couldn't resist this.

va7adyba.jpg

Doc007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Austin
    Wasn't it bad enough when I had to deal with girlscouts at the store and at work? I had one come up to me at the restaurant and ask if I wanted cookies. No I want my dinner and to eat it in peace!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Been messing with computers since the first TRS-80 with serial tape storage and 16K of memory. That pegs it at about 1980. Nothing in my life has frustrated me or made me curse more than a computer!

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Grammar Nazi here also.

When you do not win you lose, not loose.

They're= contraction of they are
    Their= possessive of something belonging to them
    There= a place like over there

Another repost, you're loose!

Lmao slut

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I can not STAND city drivers, and crowded tourist areas. First off-is it that hard to get out of the main pathway when you're looking at something in a place like a museum, gift shop, etc??? I was at the alamo today and it was driving me nuts the amount of people who just group up blocking traffic while they're just looking at the floor, staring at their phones, or talking to each other. If there's something to see-I get it. Check it out. That's what we're all there for. But damn-be considerate of people around you who are trying to move around. Maybe I'm just too used to the military where everyone naturally keeps walkways clear when they're not moving.

Then, I'm driving in San Antonio...it's like they go out of their way to be dicks. Everything from people moving into your lane for no apparent reason other than to slow you down (I was doing the speed limit the entire trip, btw), to one guy who decided he wanted to make a right hand turn from the left lane as I'm flying by. It was coming out of the airport-the light had just turned green as I'm approaching, so I'm doing the speed limit. No need to slow down. So right as I'm coming up, this jackass decides he's gonna pull out hard in front of me to make it to the right hand turn lane. Luckily I was paying attention and have cat-like reflexes when driving, so I barely was able to swerve out of his way. But then when I was trying to fly back into my lane, I hit an up coming curb. So my rim is a little scratched up, but I'm pretty sure I need a new lower ball joint now. I'm so glad I moved away from San Antonio. It makes me want to move even further into the country.

Gatesville just keeps sounding better and better.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Holy crap, guys, I read through the whole thread again and was really surprised! I guess when I say I don't give a shxt about much of anything.....I really don't! The stuff in this thread hardly bothers me at all! OK...maybe a little and maybe I'd just as soon not deal with it but that's a long way from wanting to choke someone out over it.

Flash

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    When someone assumes that, simply because I have German ancestry and a German last name, I -MUST- be a neo-Nazi or something. Also when that same person throws a bitch-fit when I throw a racist stereotype right back at them. If ya can't take it, don't give it out.

Also, when someone gets all butthurt after they get called out for typing like an idiot. If you're 16 or older (and you don't have some form of mental condition that makes typing difficult), you have no excuse to "b typng liek dis!111!", and you damn well shouldn't get your panties in a twist when someone rags on you for it.

Last edited:

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    When people walk around playing music with no headphones in public. It's very inconsiderate.

Only people more annoying than that are the idiots that have their car audio system so fucked up that you can feel their bass from fifty feet away, and hear them coming from a block away. IMHO that kind of shit should be illegal, because it's not only annoying as hell, but it's potentially dangerous as well. IIRC anything over or even close to 120 decibels is threshold for hearing damage, while 130 average threshold for pain.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Only people more annoying than that are the idiots that have their car audio system so fucked up that you can feel their bass from fifty feet away, and hear them coming from a block away. IMHO that kind of shit should be illegal, because it's not only annoying as hell, but it's potentially dangerous as well. IIRC anything over or even close to 120 decibels is threshold for hearing damage, while 130 average threshold for pain.

**** 'em.

If they're stupid enough to build some sound "system" like that and then blast their ear drums out, let them do it. No need to try and regulate stupidity with laws.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Doing that kind of shit in your own home is fine by me. But when it starts affecting other people, especially in a public area, then it becomes a problem that needs to be dealt with.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I also thing people that drive 10 to 15 mph below the speed limit in the left lane of a four lane or more highway should be run off the road!

Take their licenses. All of them. Never let them behind the wheel again.

There's a spot on 1604 where everybody drives 10 under the limit in both lanes ALL THE TIME. Move over if you're going to go slow, idiots.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I wish we had posted minimum speed limits like other states. My dad got pulled over once in the 60's for driving too slow. Damned thing is-he was flooring it. Car was just a piece of crap. Yea...we need those minimum speed limits here.

Sent from my toolbox

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    No one has mentioned the Jackasses who talk on and /or text on their phones while they are driving. Have had a few close calls because these Pieces of shit weren't paying attention. Makes me wish cell phone jammers were legal.

Top Bottom